My FSV cleaning experience....

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck:

1989 F-250 7.3 ATS 093 4x4 RCLB 5spd.

I noticed that on the front tank setting it would pull from front and return to rear.

I had decided to do take down and apart my fsv.

Now.

Whoever designed the location of the FSV on reg cab trucks deserves a warm spot in hell. My other 7.3 idi and psd both are supercabs and both have relatively easily accessible fsvs. Could I get the same easily accessible part here? Noooo.

Asshats.

Anyway. After taking a #2 diesel bath, I had to take two consecutive showers. My truck, even though I sat on a fender cover and didnt wear my seatbelt, STILL smells like a refinery. My clothes are drenched. I was wearing Eau De #2 por hommes. My shower now has rainbows from the dead dinosaurs that are swirling down the drain. My loofah, which previously smelled like manly-man-hairy-chested-carnivore now smells like Jurassic plants in liquid form. House reeks of diesel. I still smell of diesel. If I were single at a bar I wouldn't attract the pretty little college girls to take home, no! I would attract beer-gutted, four toothed truck drivin' hilljacks sitting down next to me trying to chat me up. I still taste diesel. I tred pizza with extra Tabasco, and I'm pretty sure I now know what a stegosaurus tastes like. BAaahhh!!! Eff this, I'm going to a bar, shooting straight rail whiskey hopefully getting some of this taste out of my mouth.

In a nutshell: I have a huge dislike for **** engineers right now.

About the fsv: Mine was a solenoid style, drilled out the four rivets, and found that the screws used to hold down Chebby 4.3 dizzy caps down are perfect for screwing it back together. Relatively easy job. Start to finish was right at 1.5 hours or so.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same type of experience several years ago only it was a fuel pump on a BBC and the liquid of choice was turbo blue race fuel. Its an aquired taste...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'll take diesel over gas any day of the week.

Ilovetruenos: but is it working correctly now?
IMO, that's all that counts.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
luckily my girlfriend isnt beer gutted, has all her teeth and loves the smell of diesel, when im done working on my truck and i smell like diesel them we have some fun :sly,

Wicked97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait....you have a loofah?

Oh and next time take the hose from the tank off of your lift pump and blow compressed air back through it on each tank.
Helluva lot less mess and it cleans the crap out of the valve.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I plumbed a shut off valve just before my epump so now when I want to empty tanks or work on my fuel lines I just close that valve and dont worry about tanks draining on me. before I had that I would just shove a hose down the filler neck and pump them out that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes