My Clutch From Ft. Wayne

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Well, I bought an SMF conversion from Ft. Wayne's eBay store a few days back and it got to me yesterday evening. 380 bucks with free shipping sure beats the hell out of the price they give you when you call in. This kit came with the SMF, PP, Sprung hub disk, TOB, pilot bearing, alignment tool, flywheel to crank bolts and pressure plate to flywheel bolts. For anyone interested in their kits, there are no identifying stamps on ANYTHING...though I did snap a pic of the PN for the TOB(which seems to be better quality than my current one). Now, here's your eye candy.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with them asked them a couple questions....This set comes with a 1 year warranty that includes everything in this kit, you can upgrade to a kevlar pilot bushing for another 50 bucks and he (Scott) said that the parts are supplied by one of 3 companies. Valeo, Seco (sp?) and LuK.(But they can't tell you exactly which parts are in your kit.)

You must be registered for see images attach

There was shipping material on top of the PP in this next picture but I already pulled it out of the box.

The Company they apparently get their flywheel to crank bolts from.....

Now, to install it...if this rain ever lets up.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Looks great! I would have bought one for that price.. Why am I thinking the Ft. Waynes were around $500+ when I decided to go South Bend instead :dunno

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Well, sure does look all pretty up there mounted to my engine.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Wow! That's all I can say.....My knee is thanking me unconditionally. Depressing the pedal in this thing now is the equivalent to driving a stick shift Ranger. Damn it's light. And damn does this clutch GRAB. I am very very VERY happy with my purchases and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same setup in an 85 dually and when I first drove it I was afraid there was somthing wrong the the clutch slave. It is very easy to push the clutch. I am about 1000 miles into mine and it seems to be working fine.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I can tell you for a fact your disc/throw out bearing/pressure plate is all seco/seojin. Actually the throw out bearing is made by skf for seojin. they then wholesale the parts to other "distributors" and they are repackaged.

You may better know seco as Exedy/daikin.

They build very good products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7