MT480

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
OK. After waiting weeks, I finally got my Snap On MT480 Lumy Mag timer delivered yesterday. :thumbsup: It seems to be complete, but there is no owners manual (surprise!). Does anybody out there have one they could copy and send me? It would be much appreciated. I don't even know if I have all the pieces since it didn't even come in the right box. I should've seen this coming when I got a little bit of attitude from the seller. ;Pissed

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you check with Snap On and see if they have downloadable PDF's for their stuff?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Snap on will send you a freebee.They did for my MT1480.Brand new manual with all the info you need.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't help you on the MT480, I have the MT254. But both share a common attachment p/n for the lumy probe. The MT160 is the one for our trucks as well as the older GM's. here's what's in the instructions...
torque probe to 8-9ft lbs MAX.
clean frequently with a soft implement such as a toothpick. Cleaning fluids ARE NOT RECCOMENDED.
see MT480 instructions for further instructions.
...hope this helps.
i generally use this timing meathod(lumy) as a last resort for really tough to time trucks. generally when they get this nasty, the end of the IP is near.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Towcat

The lumy probe attachment is the part I think I'm missing. Got the probe, but no screw in attachmnet that I can tell.

Mel & Freight Train

I'll check with Snap On for some direction. I figured since it was so old, I would be outta luck.

Tom

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Good luck.I thought the same thing about my 1480 but they had it.....Now if I could find the dang thing.....GRRRRR.I still have to get the cable and the Lumi prob for mine.It is still setup for a gasser.hmmm,I need to figure out if I can use it on my 3.Slow(hmmmmm,I don't even know if this truck has a distributor or coil packs.) and test it out.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TLBREWER said:
Towcat

The lumy probe attachment is the part I think I'm missing. Got the probe, but no screw in attachmnet that I can tell.

Tom
ouch...
that's a $200 part...

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom-

We've got a great snap-on guy that comes to the shop...I can get you his number if you need, or he's usually at the shop (Karl Malone Toyota) on Wednesdays at around 4:30-5:00 pm.

Ryan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online