motor mounts

tractorman86

Reaction score
its motor mount time... has anyone found something better for these beasts? i used anchor(checker/oriley) brand last time and i have decided i don't want to this time, maybe a poly, even a solid if i have to. the ol'girl hasn't moved much in the last year or two because of funds, lack of spare time, and amont of work needed... excuses excuses, i know. :rolleyes: BUT i am finally getting back on track now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Like Ron posted above.. I'm wondering why you feel the mounts need replacing. I feel the factory mounts work very well. Ebay usually has a listing for them most of the time.

tractorman86

Reaction score
because they were very soft andSaggy, Also the bolts a broken loose, now maybe they got too Much Oil on Them And that's what's up with them up but i just feel like they should have lasted longer

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you guys are looking but they are unobtainium when i go looking.

My mount on the driver side is shot. The bolts had regular nuts on them that punched through the plate as the engine would rev. The po would floor it and drop the clutch, drive it like he stole it. He badly welded some crap up to the engine and mount to try to fix it... So i got a crown nut on the good bolt and cut out his craptraption.

Still need new mounts if i ever get the rebuild going

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much! No reason they wont fit a 87? I know engine side is the same but truck side?

tractorman86

Reaction score
looks right, but I think I'm gonna try filling mine with polyurethane. McMaster Carr Sells The Mix so you can mix and poor your own.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The truck motor mounts have a left and right side and most of all they have a top and bottom... I found this out the hard way. I marked them L & R but didn't think to mark them top and bottom... Sure found out that was a mistake under the truck installing the engine.. Things wont line up when the mounts are unside down...