motor mounts at the rally

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
what are the chances I'll be able to replace my motor mounts at the rally? Is this a can do outside no big deal thing? Or do I need to plan for more down time? I know I'll have to jack the motor, but I cant picture, nor have I had time to look at whats involved...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think with a long extension of good quality and a 5/8 wobbly socket for the front mounting bolt you should be fine, the engine has to come up pretty high to snake them out around the exhaust and oil filter. If you use a regular wobbly, not impact, wrap it with tape to stiffen it up a little.
fun times.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another clinic! Sounds like our Saturday is pretty well planned to me. ;Sweet

IDIeselman

Reaction score
What do you fella's think, Should I bring my compressor and impact tools for an all out IDI wrenchathon? :thumbsup:

Is there anyone bringing a vaccum gauge and the willingness to help adjust the regulator valve for better c-6 shifting?
Tim

Exekiel69

Reaction score
IDIeselman said:
What do you fella's think, Should I bring my compressor and impact tools for an all out IDI wrenchathon? :thumbsup:

Is there anyone bringing a vaccum gauge and the willingness to help adjust the regulator valve for better c-6 shifting?
Tim

Yes You really should and don't forget you impact sockets. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online