Motor mounts again

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
I gonna pull the 6.9 out rusted out truck and fixing to transplant it to the better body truck. I see where the mounts bolt to the frame/crossmember, several bolts attach it there. Theres like 2 bolts that go thru the frame. Those two bolts on both sides attach to the rubber parts of the mounts? I guess removing the 2 nuts will allow the motor come out free and clear or am I missing more of the big picture here? I got everthing disconnected, fuel lines,throttle,wiring harness, and the bolts that attach the flywheel to the T19. First time pulling a motor.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes, the two motor mount nuts at eash side are all you need to do at the mounts. The design is those studs that the nuts are removed from lift up and out as the motor moves up and they slide back down in when you install the motor from the top of the slot to the bottom. That motor is heavy so choke up close to the intake area and be very sure the hoist will handle 1000 lbs and also the motor stand must be able to handle it too. Most use a stand that will hold 2000 lbs. Usually the mounting arms need to be adjusted differantly because this motor has a wide bellhousing flange. Your hood can stay on but if you remove the spring hinge bolts from the hood it opens farhter but needs to be proped open or it will not stay open. I just used a length of 2x4 because I don't ever have any help or any friends willing to get dirty......:cry: Actually I have several friends that have offered to help but I just do my own thing alone at my own pace. Done the motor pulls 6 times now without help and installed an E4OD once.... Thats a job I never want to do again. Much harder than pulling the motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online