Most recent post - Automatic?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find that I have to click the "go to last unread post" link (or whatever it says) at the top of the thread, in order to pick up where I left off when following threads. Is there a way it can do this automatically (like it does on TDS ;p )

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
I actually like it this way better. Cause sometimes on TDS, I want to start at the beginning if I'm just coming into a thread and missed the first post or two. If I'm in a hurry when I log on and off and don't check that thread, the next time I log on, it considers those first few already read. So when I do finally get around to reading it, it throws me down to the newest post since the last time I logged.

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also dislike the way tds does it automaticaly... You have to click that link each time you want to view the first unread post... Sorry

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, lets start from scratch here.

If a thread that you have previously viewed has had a post added to it you will see one of the following icons indicating new material.
newfolder.gif
this is the symbol for a thread with a new message since last visit.
newhotfolder.gif
this is the symbol for a hot topic, more than 15 replies or 150 views.

Therefore, if you click on the following icon in the title of the thread INSTEAD of the title of the thread itself, the software will take you to the most recent unread post in the thread.

Click this -->
firstnew.gif
to go to first new.

HOWEVER!!

If you click the title of the thread the software assumes that you want to go to the top of the thread, regardless if you have viewed the thread before or not OR if new material has been added to the thread. So, simply stated,

click this -->
firstnew.gif
to go to the first new post in a thread.

I hope this clears up the confusion, yes it is different than TDS which automaticlly takes you to the first new post, but this software leaves YOU with the choice to go to first post or top of thread.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah! MOST EXCELLENT !

Just what I had hoped, that there was a way to do what I wanted. The coolness meter is pegged. :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Agnem
Ah! MOST EXCELLENT !

Just what I had hoped, that there was a way to do what I wanted. The coolness meter is pegged. :D

Youre too easy :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online