More Plow Plug Help- its that season

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score

crewchief219

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad the old thread helped out. Yeah, this site is awesome. There is so much combined experience and knowledge on this site it's unbelievable.

To answer your question, I don't regret this as a somewhat permanent fix but I could see myself putting a breaker in eventually. This was low budget and quick but has actually turned out great.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to beat fusible links. They are tough, and small enough to easily fit in a crowded underhood wiring area. They never give any trouble unless you are in a accident, or someone messes with the wiring. That is, hooking something up wrong, or not tying the harness back up like it should be, or working on something without disconnecting the batteries first and a wrench slips and shorts something out.

I was told that some of the later trucks and or vans, did go to a single large wire to feed the glowplug system. I wonder what the factory used to protect that wire? I would see if whatever they used was available.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to beat fusible links. They are tough, and small enough to easily fit in a crowded underhood wiring area. They never give any trouble unless you are in a accident, or someone messes with the wiring. That is, hooking something up wrong, or not tying the harness back up like it should be, or working on something without disconnecting the batteries first and a wrench slips and shorts something out.

I was told that some of the later trucks and or vans, did go to a single large wire to feed the glowplug system. I wonder what the factory used to protect that wire? I would see if whatever they used was available.

I know my brothers truck, late 1992 model, is much different than mine where wiring is concerned. It uses more fuses than mine around the engine harness. So I have to presume Ford switched for some reason to fuses. Be it cost or function? I also know 10 ga. Wire is the smallest possible wire that could be used. Bigger is better, so long as I don't create a new weak link. That would be an unintended consequence.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin