more issues no ezplaination

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93 ford f350 7.3 crew cab dually.

Every day so far I have at some point in the after driving it. Ill go to start it up and tyere will be air in the lines. I bleed them and its fine. Till it happens again. I check all li e including return lines and lines runing to tank and the rear line in back of engine all good. I did notice bolts were not tight on valve cover. Tighten them still same issue. I have put a ton of money in thos thing and feel I at a loss. New tps new trans filtrr new siliniod pack new mls, return lines new plug ends. Dura lift electronic fuel pump new filter. Oil change etc. Help. Also tps is set at 1.1 and wot is 3.92

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tbiagent69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You probably have a leak somewhere. As the engine is the highest point in the system, and from what I know of the fuel return system there is no check valve or pressure required to drain, it is probably letting air in the system and the fuel level is dropping down via that return line.

Do you see any wet spots or anything?

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dry everywhere

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I looked a little more it seems to be building air either before the filter or return lines. I push the bleeder on the filter and air comes out of it. I have heard of people taking away the return line to the filter and delteting it. Whats ur thoughts. Also there seems to be confusion on tps setting one guy told me .96 is stock and I see 1.1 everywhere. Shifts worse at 1.1 and better at .96

Reaction score
You have the electric fuel pump and still have air in the lines when you try to start it? That's not right. It's a band-aid, but the electric pump should basically purge the lines of any air once it's on (well, on the feed side at least, but a leak on the return side shouldn't prevent the truck from starting).

How is the pump plumbed into the system, and how do you have it wired to turn on?

Mike

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Stock settings for the tps is between .96 to 1.2 volts checking off the center wire. Please don't remove the return line off the filter head. Any air that ends up in the filter will have to run thru the pump. Not a good idea. Thats a one way valve up there too. Remove yours and see if its still a one way valve. It flows out of the filter and never flows back into the filter.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a length of clear tubing and put a loop in it, install it for the return line to the filter, watch witch way the bubbles are traveling, he tail end of the bubbles is the direction from where the air is getting in.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that was my next step was do clear tubbing.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats gets me is everything is new and clamp correctly. And now all the sudden it having issues

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pump is wired to relay. Line from tank to electronic fuel pump fuel pump to filter. Double layer hose. Rubber then metal twine then rubber then cloth twine.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the olives when doing the return lines? The fittings in and out of the filter and the input to the IP use olives to seal the lines. They are like a short piece of rubber hose. I had air intrusion with no visible fuel leaks. I checked the line from the filter to the IP and the olives were old and cracked. Replacing them solved my problem. You should be able to find them at a fuel injection shop or Mel at Conestoga Diesel (Agnem on here) or Russ (typ4 on here).

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced all the lines in out. Replaced cups and o rings. I will check for olives. Thanks

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I juat replace the olives on the lines or do I have to buy a whole metal line kit

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets talk about the ecm. I started to notice that my truck was going into limp mode. Disconnect bats and resets everything is good. Think ecm is next on list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger