more e4od trouble

1992f250idi

Reaction score
hello,
well i finally got my e4od to stop leaking, turns out it was the pump o ring. took it out for a test drive and it wont shift correctly. -cuss if i put the lever in the (D) range, it will start in first gear and not shift up to second. so i put the lever down one into 2 and itll shift into second gear, but then when i go back into (D) it feels like it skips third gear and goes right into OD, as i can maintain speed but just barely and the engine is almost at the governor. i checked the TPS and MLPS sensors, both are checking out fine. i removed the VSS and there was no metal on it but cleaned it good just to make sure. and i removed the MLPS and solenoid pack connectors, cleaned and filled with dielectric grease. none of this helped however. both my spedo and tach are still working flawlessly. any ideas on whats next?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason it's in the limp mode. 1st and reverse only. That's why it's pegged. Pull the codes.

Helps like hell if you put the truck in your sig.

1992f250idi

Reaction score
i pulled the codes, there arent any. all i get is a 111 then a long pause and another 111. at first i was getting 23 then i remembered you have to hold the throttle at WOT. i also unhooked the cables and let it sit for about 20 mins, that didnt change it either.

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 111 code is a system pass(No codes). Whas this about holding WOT? How are you checking codes, code reader or voltmeter?

1992f250idi

Reaction score
in the chiltons manual it says the throttle needs to be depressed to check the codes or it will set a code 23, which it did until i stepped on the throttle. im checking the codes by hooking a test light into the port under the hood and counting the flashes. yes the fluid level is where it should be.