More 7.3 OBS troubles.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rechecked inside the fuel bowl. My bowl heater is unplugged totally. Apparently I bought the truck this way. So I doubt it’s causing my trouble

Last edited:

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend came over and helped me get it running....
I started looking back at what I’ve checked. Not much made sense. I always hear the glow plug relay click on. It’s one of the 1st things I checked. It tested fine. After having it run last night, it wouldn’t start this morning. So I rechecked the GP relay. This time it tested dead! So I jumped it with a screw driver and it fired right up. I turned it off to recheck and it tested just fine. So now it appears my GP relay is playing work/broke with me. Jumping the relay works every time I’ve tried.
So now a new relay is on the way. Unbelievable.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
The awesome part is you found it and you can sleep at night again! Always a good feeling after fighting something so long and all the frustration.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I've seen a bad gpr cause some weird issues. Basically like they were back feeding to the pcm and shutting it down. Wouldn't start unless disconnecting it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend came over and helped me get it running....
I started looking back at what I’ve checked. Not much made sense. I always hear the glow plug relay click on. It’s one of the 1st things I checked. It tested fine. After having it run last night, it wouldn’t start this morning. So I rechecked the GP relay. This time it tested dead! So I jumped it with a screw driver and it fired right up. I turned it off to recheck and it tested just fine. So now it appears my GP relay is playing work/broke with me. Jumping the relay works every time I’ve tried.
So now a new relay is on the way. Unbelievable.

Most of the time it is something simple on these trucks.

I'd take this opportunity to upgrade to the larger stancor relay...and even go one step further to put a 12v LED in the cab wired to the glow plug side of the relay so you can visually see when the plugs are energized.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time it is something simple on these trucks.

I'd take this opportunity to upgrade to the larger stancor relay...and even go one step further to put a 12v LED in the cab wired to the glow plug side of the relay so you can visually see when the plugs are energized.
That’s what I am getting:Thumbs Up

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. It kept me going. This ones been difficult. I really need this truck to run for a job next week.
Thanks!

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Have the new relay in. Also a LED to tell me the GPs are working!