Money to spend on truck what to do?

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have about $3000-$4000 to spend on my truck and my trying to decide on what to do. The truck in question is a 93 crew cab F350 4x4 dually flatbed no turbo and zf5. It currently needs tires badly and the motor has 385,000 on it. The motor has gotten to the point that it burns a quart of oil every 50-100 miles. I runs great but smokes heavy under hard acceleration. I have found locally a used motor with 150,000 miles and the factory ats turbo for $1000. Tires are going to run me $1000-$1500. I am thinking about putting on the BFG AT tires. That pretty much blows most of the money. The other part of me is toying with the idea of selling the 93 and buying something that I do not have to spend the money on or even a powerstroke. I know shame on me for saying ps! I figure even in its current condition I can get $1000-$2000 for the 93. Any suggestions comments or criticism will be appreciated.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Get new motor, new tires, other toys (underbed box, nice gauges, get it detailed, etc.)

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powerstrokes make pretty nice power, but as most here I don't care for the electronics. My dad has had some trouble out of his. If I were you I'd stay with what I got. You've got pretty much everything most look for in a truck... 5 spd, 4x4, CC, dually, you'd have to spend quite a bit to get all that in a powerstroke in decent shape.

I'd throw tires, maybe a motor at it, and fix up some stuff on it and you'll have a pretty nice truck. Thats what I plan on doing with mine... just dump all the money I might spend on a newer truck on the one I've already got and it'll be really nice, and I'll have the satisfaction of having worked on it all.

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
I say motor in part because then you can rebuild yours and make it awesome.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is this a centurion conversion or did you build her yourself?
you should show us some pics!!!:)

edit,
DOH,you say its a flatbed truck.so she's a factory C&C.my bad.
ahh well.pics would still be cool!:D

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Keep the truck as long as the body is still good, buy tires, engine and turbo then You'll be set for a while.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
$1000 for a factory turbo motor is cheap in my neck of the woods i would jump on that, then throw a new set of tires on it and a new clutch and a good detailing and may be repaint the bed if it needs it then call it new!! IMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online