Might have found my second idi

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty clean underneath too. Just one small leak on the back return line that sucked a little air while we were doing the title but I can see it easy fix.

You must be registered for see images attach

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
410 or 373? Sticker too worn to tell.

You must be registered for see images attach

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd check the speedo and make sure it's correct, along with the tach..... I think 4.10's

I know somewhat apples to oranges, but my 6.0 with 3.73's runs 70 at ~2000 rpm. This is all stock, and speedo confirmed with GPS.

Also, 3.73 would have been a change-out, Ford didn't offer 3.73 factory on the IDI trucks.....

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Door tag says G3 can't get anything to load to tell me what that is

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just drove it to dinner, might still be sucking air somewhere else if I coast about 45 it wants to surge and buck some but if I give it throttle it clears up. Won't do it all the time. I feel like this is every idi the moment it gets a new owner. Might need a new fuel filter. Has the old style 6.9 water separator too over on the fender wall.

Something is doing something but at least if I floor it or let off the throttle and push the clutch in it immediately clears up. Didn't do this for a 2 hour plus drive home today but the moment my fiance gets into it it decides to suck a little air lol..

Last edited: