Mercedes 200d????

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going through the junkyard and came accross a late 60s mercedes 200d. The car has a 4 cylinder diesel motor with what appears to be a manual tranny(cant remember though)

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about these motors. I cant find very much information on this specific one.

Id like to know what the mpg figures would be, as well as the motors reliability and spec figures.

If this is a decent motor, it would make the perfect swap into ranger as it doesnt appear to be that much bigger then a 2.3 in a ranger.

Thanks
Billy

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i owned the next gen up 4cyl NA motor and it was the most gutless POS I've ever owned. It did get fantastic mileage though. Just don't tell the motor about any upcoming hills.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I was going through the junkyard and came accross a late 60s mercedes 200d. The car has a 4 cylinder diesel motor with what appears to be a manual tranny(cant remember though)

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about these motors. I cant find very much information on this specific one.
Look Here
0-60mph in 29 seconds! LOL

Just don't tell the motor about any upcoming hills.
^ LOL
The secret Achilles heel exposed. :eek:

Last edited:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That car looks exactly like the one I found in the junkyard.

I think I might pass on the motor then. I always wanted to have a diesel ranger and was debating between a mercedes motor or a 1.6 td vw motor mated to a toyota tranny. But Ive grown accustomed to a big truck and dont think that I could stand driving around in a little ranger there just to small for me.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I'm shocked! :eek: A tiny truck with a whopping 60 hp forty year old diesel engine sounds like fun. LOL

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vw 1.6 turbo is only around 60 horse and that little ****** flies with the fuel turned up. The originaly 1.9l tdi motors are only a whopping 90 hp and they do well over 120 mph loaded with 5 people and luggage up through the mountains on 75.

Without a turbo the motors would definatly be dogs though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86