Marker light fuse pfft.

Greg85

Reaction score
I had the dash bezel out of my 92 SD yesterday cleaning and putting a radio in. I pulled the light switch out just to look at things, everything looks good, other than dust I blew out. Put it all back together , and now its blowing marker light fuse everytime I pull the switch out. Changed the light switch, no change. There were no loose or pinched wires, so now I get to chase things. And by the way, the last two months I read back thru 1900 pages of posts. You guys really have been here a while! I think I joined in 10.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the switch out one more time, and check the tan/white wire. That wire feeds the switch which then runs the marker lights and the dash light circuits and is what's hooked to the fuse that is blowing. That tan/white wire likes to melt, very common problem. It has been known to burn completely off, and then you can't find it, it's melted up in the other wires.

Greg85

Reaction score
Thank you, I will check that. The plug for the switch looked clean, but I'll look again.

Greg85

Reaction score
As a follow up, I pulled things apart again to find my problem. Really didnt find any burnt or corroded wires. Started the truck to move it, tried another fuse, and now everything is fine. There have been a couple of under hood connections that were corroded and need cleaned up. Maybe that happened under the dash too, but I didnt see any dirty terminals under the dash. Anyway, I have lights again. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online