Making an intake...

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you were talking about my turbo, but on the Banks non-gated turbo the air box is all one piece for the intake and boost pressure sides... :(

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a tune up on a v10 motor home today and just had a idea. The air box on it is fairly large and is a straight shot through. I'm thinking it could be mounted over the valve cover and plumbed to the turbo and adapt the cowl iduct to the inlet of the housing. What would you think about that get up bignastystacks?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if any of you were talking about my turbo, but on the Banks non-gated turbo the air box is all one piece for the intake and boost pressure sides... :(

I know, so was mine. Look for an intake hat or make one. then do the filter/intake like me or cold air ram or cowl. problem solved and then some. the solid banks box is crap

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Yea it is... and i can't hear my turbo... :(

Where would you put the filter with cowl induction? If i can even find a spot for the hole in the firewall.......

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did a tune up on a v10 motor home today and just had a idea. The air box on it is fairly large and is a straight shot through. I'm thinking it could be mounted over the valve cover and plumbed to the turbo and adapt the cowl iduct to the inlet of the housing. What would you think about that get up bignastystacks?

That would probably do it. When I started this i was only trying to get rid of that plastic flexy bend on the intake duct so I had just planned on keeping the ats box. Turned into what it is now. I think Im going to remove the ats box 90 from the turbo then up to the front where I will build a box out of some sheet aluminum i have. I may shuffle the battery and overflow/winsheild washer res. to get some more flow also. I already cut alot of the excess from the hood mat in that area so Im sure its getting plenty of air now. I like the idea of cutting a vent in the radiator support and will look into that also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.