Lund Sun visor ?'s

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I have a gently used Sun Visor (non-lighted) that I would love to put lights on. Does anyone have a good pic of the lighted version(Moon Visor)? I want to see how the lights are set up. Also, when it comes to mounting on the truck, is there a kit involved or have you guys just self-tappered yours on? I am wary of making holes in the roof that aren't sealed completely. It rains a lot here.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
JMHO but a non lighted visor with lights add looks like ****. If you were a little closer, I would trade you a lighted visor(moon visor) for your non lighted one

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a gently used Sun Visor (non-lighted) that I would love to put lights on. Does anyone have a good pic of the lighted version(Moon Visor)? I want to see how the lights are set up. Also, when it comes to mounting on the truck, is there a kit involved or have you guys just self-tappered yours on? I am wary of making holes in the roof that aren't sealed completely. It rains a lot here.

The lighted versions have the lenses mounted flush; somewhat hard to accomplish without plenty of fiberglass skills.

I have seen a few that have had the smallish (GM style) cab-lights installed on top of the visor that look good.

As for mounting the visor, there is no "kit", just big sheet-metal screws with plastic caps that snap on the screws to hide them.

If you did not get the screws, coarse-thread 1/4-inch hex-head sheet-metal screws are about right.

Have the wife hold the visor in place while you put pieces of masking-tape on the cab where the screw-holes are.

Now, look it over real good, while the wife is still holding, and be certain that all is like you want it.

Now, with wife still holding, mark the hole-centers on the masking-tape.

Lay the visor aside, center-punch, and drill the holes, about 5/32 for a 1/4 screw.

Only drill through the first layer.

With wife holding, install the screws for a dry run.

Step back and have one last look.

If all is well, remove the visor and place a blob of silicone over each hole in the cab; re-install the visor.

The silicone will squish flat and seal all the screw-holes.

If you don't have a wife, use someone else's; if they have been married long, they will appreciate the break. ;Sweet

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
JMHO but a non lighted visor with lights add looks like ****. If you were a little closer, I would trade you a lighted visor(moon visor) for your non lighted one

Heck, I wonder what the shipping would be...?:sly
The visor was free, what do I have to lose? I will get around to painting the truck soon and I wouldn't put it on until then. Got plenty of time to make it look good.

Midnight_Rider said:
If you don't have a wife, use someone else's; if they have been married long, they will appreciate the break.

LOL Married 11 years. I told her about how I'm working on the rear brakes this weekend and she said,"Let me know when it's time to bleed" :love: She's not a gearhead by any means but she's a veteran IDI wife...she doesn't scream at it any more, only sighs loudly when the truck occasionally doesn't crank, you know. ;Sweet

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL Married 11 years. I told her about how I'm working on the rear brakes this weekend and she said,"Let me know when it's time to bleed" :love: She's not a gearhead by any means but she's a veteran IDI wife...she doesn't scream at it any more, only sighs loudly when the truck occasionally doesn't crank, you know. ;Sweet

Well I aint married just common law and she still my wife and same....ready and willing to come out n play...heck even changes her own oil in the Mustang!

Just and FYI I am not partial to those sheet metal screws holding that visor on and I'll be using (NUT Serts) the kind that are in the doors for mounting mirrors so you actually bolt it in place. I'll use a sealant of some sorts too. Just a suggestion...get the visor all marked and set in place before paint then disassemble and sand and paint then you would not be drilling holes in new fresh pain and risk scratching etc:D

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Heres my visor witch I sold a while ago. It's not a Lund, it's a Canuck visor and I installed the lights. They stick about 1/4" out.

I do now have a Lund visor without lights that came in a deal when I bought a tailgate. The Lunds have a better shape.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
come on, even my crawler has a visor. lol. both of them did.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I was in the same boat about a year ago. I added lights to a lund that didn't have any and I think it turned out pretty good. I put on 6 lights instead of the usual 5 just to be different. I made the holes just small enough so the lights snapped into place. I put a bit of "The Right Stuff" on them to help keep them secure. Been almost a year and not a single issue.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lund "moonvisor" detailing the lights in pics below.

Attachments

• SL373946.JPG
    SL373946.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 6
  • SL373947.JPG
    SL373947.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 3

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I'll get some lights and stuff and start playing around with it tonight. I think I'm gonna try a light mounting setup similar to Sycostang67's to cover the light bases, so you only see the lenses. Thanks everyone!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat about a year ago. I added lights to a lund that didn't have any and I think it turned out pretty good. I put on 6 lights instead of the usual 5 just to be different. I made the holes just small enough so the lights snapped into place. I put a bit of "The Right Stuff" on them to help keep them secure. Been almost a year and not a single issue.

That looks plumb :thumbsup: ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat