looking for timing tools

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno looking for timing tools for sale. like to have my own tools.need to know what im look for in a good tool. thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A ferret timing meter is what most here will tell you to buy. We have two distinct ways of timing our engines. One is by the luminosity method and the other is the clamp on probe type timing. Most willl use the clamp on probe type timing because its easier. Watch Ebay for a Kent Moore J33300-A meter. Parts are still made for those but they are expensive. The magnetic pickup that goes to the crank dampner is $275.00. The meters sell new for $800.00. I buy them complete with all new parts on ebay for around $150.00 to $175.00 all the time. Just need to watch for them. Right now ebay has an older model J33300 meter without some needed parts. I listed those part numbers in another thread. Once you have the meter you want you still need the wrenches to loosen the nuts and the tool to turn the pump...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
only down side to these simple engines, they need a fancy timing setup.

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
icanfixall thanks for the info will keep my eyes open. I plan to keep an idi as long as i drive so it mite be a good thing to have. my reman that im doing is going well will post pic as soon as i figer out how thanks agan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle