Looking for a good source of parts

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. After some serious work lately getting all of the systems working in my 86, I've discovered I am in serious need of glow plugs as well as various items around the beast.

I remember how much fun it was fishing busted GP's out of the old Chevy 6.2, so I was wondering if there was an economical place to get Motorcraft plugs. may as well try them. The old Lucas plugs I used to use were fine, but I need to know I am going to be able to keep starting now since I also use the beast to haul my little boy around now.

So I apologize if this thread has been beaten to death, but I just wanted opinions.

And also if anyone knows of someone who has a sunvisor, or moon visor for sale for an 86 model F250. Used with a little work needed is fine, I just want something to add to the truck. Thanks in advance.

Fred

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Autozone used to sell zd-9 beru/motorcraft glow plugs for like $10 and some times much less. Don't know if they have any left, but ask H2ODrx :D He must have them all.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd go to an IH or Ford dealer. It's the only brand they sell.

sootman73

Reaction score
Oreilly auto parts can order borg warner plugs and if you are looking for parts give me a call at 419-330-9289. i can find what you need.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I'm not sure about if the sunvisors are the same but I have a matching pair of the blue vinyl ones out of my '87 with the stickers and evrything still on em and in very good shape. if you need em shoot me a pm

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he wants the visor that goes outside the cab.