Looking at another IDI

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Like Brad said there all over doown south. Ive been looking on CL in Fl and there are tons of them for alot less than a rusted out truck.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Here she is.
The rust is practically gone in the pics:rotflmao
You must be registered for see images attach

7river

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was lookin at getting a 90' xcab 4x4 7.3 N/A engine runs great tranny not so good, good tires for $850
This thread makes me think I should! I'm in the same boat as brad with money.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
What shape is the frame in? rear shackle n hangers? fuel tanks? and is it black? i like that actually...if i could come up with an excuse for another truck...maybe a nice DD? haha.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Frame has rust but not to bad. One spring hanger is gone, the other not far behind(napa has them for $30). I just put 10 gallon in the front tank and no leaks. The rear tank I have no idea. And yes, it is black. Newer exhaust, brake lines, Water pump, Return lines,I just put the GPs in today.Also picked up a 7.5' blade for it today to. Gonna sandblast and paint it tomorrow if the weather holds out. It has 3:55 gears, thing must do awesome on the highway.

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad... you are a lucky man. I would KILL for that truck or any truck similar for that kind of a deal! I've been searching for just that on all the local cl here in a 4 state area and NOTHING but these beat old sh*boxes with 290k miles for 3k+. Even my southern state searches are coming up with junk. At this point, I don't even care about a little fender rot I just need another idi in my life. Im in a disposition though, I really want a '92+ crew cab SRW 4x4 for when im carrying the family BUT I want a '92+ reg cab 4x4 to use for plowing during the winter and a DD the rest of the year. But he'll I can't find EITHER so what's it matter I guess... im gonna start searching the pa cl now too lol that's not an awful ride... lol good find though for that price with a little investing and ESPECIALLY if you slap a plow blade on too, this is prime buying time for a truck like that especially after last years winter in this area.

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry just noticed you already got a blade and put some good work into it. After those extra touches, triple profit should be as easy task. Oh btw, how many miles on her?

Derek

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
Start looking on CL, Autotrader, and ebay in the southern states. A rust free vehicle to them is common place for them and they think NOTHING of it

Yep,

here in New Mexico, if a vehicle has visible rust, it ain't gonna sell, cause there are so many rust free vehicles available.

On my 1993/1994 E350 IDIs, you'd have to look really hard, underneath, with a powerful flashlight, to find minor surface rust on the unpainted parts.

What is really sad are all the rust free, undamaged vehicles that are being crushed after sitting 3-6 months in a salvage yard. They are being crushed with plenty of good parts left on them.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Truck has 170 on it. I have a lead on a aluminum flat bed and clean used black fenders. I may just put those on and add to the price

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
So you are really trying to triple your money on this deal! I saw your add on plowsite....

YUP. Well looking to double. I have over 1700 in to the truck now with the plow, GPs, Batteries...... plus my time. Snow will be here before you know it and the purchase price can be recovered in 1 storm. Besides $3500 is pretty cheap. Just try and find a diesel F350 with a plow for less

CJPA

Reaction score
Sounds Good

That sounds really good to me, wish I could find deals like that around here, the ones that are even close to being cheap are rusted out beyond repair, but good luck with yours!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Today I went over the truck real quick. FIxed all the lights out. Checked all the fluid levels. Replaced one of the rear spring hangers. Installed a Mechanical Oil Pressuer gauge in the cab and Shampooed the interior.then washed the truck. All I got left to do is reattach the rear view mirror and see if I can find the link to attach the e-brake cable from the pedal, to the one that goes to the back of the truck.

For you pic ******

And the rust up close and personalLOL