Looking at another IDI

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
mabc926,

94 was a very unique year..... that was the only year to offer 3 different diesel engine options in a Ford Pickup.

You could get, from the factory:
7.3L IDI N/A with a Auto or a 5 Speed
7.3L IDI Turbo with a Auto or a 5 Speed - This was the modified ATS 093 with a smaller exhaust and crushed downpipe, had the same casting as the 093 cold air intake, just has Ford Turbo molded into the allumimun instead of ATS Turbo
7.3L DI (PSD) with a 5 Speed - It had a curshed downpipe also. I have driven a 96 that is still stock, they have no power compaired to the later diesels.......

From what I have read, if it is an Auto in 94, it will be mated to an IDI the 7.3PSD was not offered with an automatic until the 95 model year. Technically the PSD equipped trucks are a 94.5..... same as I have seen for the 03 model year (2 engine options that year) that in documentation, the 6.0PSD was a 03.25 model year.....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
How much are you looking to make? If you fixed the wheel wells, hung the fenders and just painted the repair spots, added gp's, It would have to go for $22-2400 in another month or so.......if thats all it needs.:dunno

I like to at least double my money , if not triple

The front axle is worth the asking price in offorad circles for sure. Doesn't sound bad for an entire truck.

Not quite around here. I have had a complete dana 60 for sale for 3 months for 850 with only a couple calls

Why is it N/A?

Thought all 94's were turbo'd

What he said V V V V V
There were 3 engines avalible in 94. The idi the idi turbo and di turbo.

Hopefully going to see the truck in person tomorrow

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
Heck yeah! I cant use a regular cab thought gota have room for the car seat. lol Still a god looking truck with a nice plow set up.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey if it dont work out shoot me the info, looks like it would make my old man a good winter truck...

As for you making a profit on reselling it, id stay away unless you want it to keep. The price of old trucks in the crapper becuse of the economy and the fact that most people are just broke.. Id say after you fixed it up nice and found a blade and got the plow working 100% you could ask 2000.00 and it will probly sit for a long while.. prices are realy down, I sold my kingpin d60 and only got 450.00 for it and it was'nt an easy sell at that price.

Drew2010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you cant sell it for much of a profit, I would be interested to comp your losses, maybe even 1500.... just saying. If that was near me I would buy that sight unseen. Def worth $1100 I want it!

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
thats a heckuva truck for $1100 ;Really

You ain't kidding. Brad I don't see any problem with you doubling or even tripling your money. If the rust isn't too bad then I think I would start the price at about $3650 and go from there.

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
I wish I could find a deal. The only idi around here for sale is a 84 with a good amount of rus t and rusted plow for that has been in the dudes driveway for at least two yrs and he wants 2 grand!!! So I see no reason why Brad cant make a profit off a $1100 truck.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Well I bought it today. Pretty clean other than the rust on the bed and fenders. The inside of the bed does not even have a scratch in it:confused: I will be putting a good used set of black fenders on:D And I got a lead on a aluminum flat bed.

Today if I have time I will look at the GP system. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to start?

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
You lucky punk... :D

I'm jealous.... I'm with 86ford, i basically paid $2k for my truck and i put a lot of time and money in it to get it where it is...

I'd love to find a crew cab with no cab rust. I don't even care if it has a bed, just no rust on the cab...

86ford69jw

redneck
Reaction score
No rust is very hard to find. I bought my last truck in Fl and if I had the money Id be all over some of the trucks they have down there for sale right now.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You lucky punk... :D

I'd love to find a crew cab with no cab rust. I don't even care if it has a bed, just no rust on the cab...

Start looking on CL, Autotrader, and ebay in the southern states. A rust free vehicle to them is common place for them and they think NOTHING of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online