Looking at a 95 psd 1ton

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i've read in the psd section here things to look for are oil changes done regularly, injectors if its high mileage.....and what else?

The one im looking at is an auto im guessing e40, not sure kms just know the guy wants 4500CAD....and that it looks exactly like my truck except seemingly rust-free and black (When i look at in person I will look hard for rust. Ill try and post a pic it looks to be in really good condition though.
You must be registered for see images attach

just noticed it doesnt look like it has a real tailgate

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should also add that I am getting injectors from Russ and a pump for Mel :D......so in theory my truck should run like a whole new animal once the fuel system is serviced?
Not like I need another truck anyway......guess its just human nature, always wanting more

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I should also add that I am getting injectors from Russ and a pump for Mel :D......so in theory my truck should run like a whole new animal once the fuel system is serviced?
Not like I need another truck anyway......guess its just human nature, always wanting more

Um... I thought Mel and Russ dealt IDI stuff? Never heard anything from them about powerstroke stuff... maybe I'm just ignorant of it though. I don't know...

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the valve cover harnesses.pull the oil fill and sniff for burnt wiring.drain some fuel from the filter.if its clear diesel it probably doesn't need injector orings.if its black it needs injector orings.make sure the tranny has been serviced.its the e4od.

sassyrel

Reaction score
From what i've read in the psd section here things to look for are oil changes done regularly, injectors if its high mileage.....and what else?

The one im looking at is an auto im guessing e40, not sure kms just know the guy wants 4500CAD....and that it looks exactly like my truck except seemingly rust-free and black (When i look at in person I will look hard for rust. Ill try and post a pic it looks to be in really good condition though.
You must be registered for see images attach

just noticed it doesnt look like it has a real tailgate

1 ton,single rear wheel,,and in that shape,,are damn hard to find.....

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
350000kms, injectors haven't been done but he said hes done alot.....we're going to discuss indepth when he gets back in town

fuurgoncin

Reaction score
350 Kms is nothing.....I have over 450,000 kms on mine and it is a beast ......I will put stage ones in soon since oil tests shows excellent condition .... I did the o-rings at 335,000 kms and changed the IPR and ICP s and a couple IDM's , fuel pump, thermostat , blah, blah , blah , all normal maintenance stuff ....Best Van I've had so far .....I will hit one million clicks if I live that long .....probably rust out a long time before it dies....

Last edited:

fuurgoncin

Reaction score
Either that or put a new van body with no rust on my frame, or transplant the drivetrain ...again if I am still alive....

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya he said hes done brakes, steering column, tensioners, idlers, belt, batteries, inner cooler, has a tranny chip and a engine chip that isn't installed. And reg oil/filter changes. Haven't seen it in person yet though he just sent me pics and this info today

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I have a 95 with the same amount of km on it. Injectors never been done and runs and start just fine with no smoke other than a puff of blue at startup. I give the frequent oil changes credit for keeping the injectors good. As for the motor itself its hardly broken in with that mileage...its jest the truck thats falling apart...I don't like OBS bodies....built too cheap. It has an e40d that has been worked hard and never been rebuilt, but has had regular fluid changes with Valvoline Max Life synthetic. Still working fine.

I got if for the lady...as she pulls horses around and has no patience for a sloooowww idi. So I bit my tongue and bought the powerstoke but so far so good. I keep a spare CPS in the glove box at all times!!!

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you in ft nelson Kevin? He did say the po rebuilt the tranny, I'm interested in it because it is seemingly rust free auto (for the gf) also its a psd and I just love that turbo whistle