Lock button doesnt work any more??

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
The other day I went to lock my truck when I was getting out, and nothing happened, hmmm I walk over to the passenger door, still nothing... The strange thing is both sides the unlock will work, but lock wont?

What could be causing this?

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lock issue when I bought my truck, it was a bad connection in the wiring block inside the door.

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check pass. Side door as well. I had an issue there that causes the whole system to fail since they are all interconnected. Don't worry about a fuse, it doesn't have one. Its a self resetting circuit breaker. Also clean the inside of the switch if your confident enough, had that be an issue before

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm all about not being lazy, but I know for me personally it was more about the wife wanting in hahaha

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shes not allowed to have keys haha

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Lol
Well do they sound like they're trying at all?
Seems lot of ford's had problems with the locks, but a lot could be fixed by lubing the mechanisms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She is not allowed to have any key, door or otherwise.....it would be lost no sooner than it hit her hand. Just a joke really. She would take longer to pull it out of her purse than if I leaned over and pulled the lock it if I didn't have pdl. But my truck does have them, and as such, I expect them to work. I get the point of just using your hands, but In all honesty I have found that someone who pulls power locks because they don't work is lazier than the man who takes the time and puts in the effort to fix his equipment.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No power doors here. I just go over and unlock with the key. I think that'd what Al is getting at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But the op does, and that was what my point is. Both he and i do have power locks,and want them to work because they are supposed to work,if for no other reason.

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
Had almost the same problem when I got my '84, only the driver side would lock nothing else on either side. one day I was showing how they didn't work and I rocked the switch back and fourth really fast and what do you know? they started working and have been ever sinceLOL. don't know if it's the same deal just thought I would share how mine started working

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online