lights flicker and rear abs light comes on

A_G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i few weeks back i noticed that when i was coming down the gravel road that when i hit big bumps the radio would shut off and the rear abs would come on for a moment then go away and my radio would come back on.

now its that and the lights...i work night shift..so i need to get this fixed cant be havin this.

I was thinking i have a bad ground...but i dont know why the heck the rear abs light would come on...(it doesnt everytime the radio shuts off but im not always looking for it) but if i didnt have a good ground why would that light come on?

could it be something with the abs sensor...

or the worst. something shorting out cotacting when i hit bumps running all the power into the wire that controls the bulb for the idiot light?

Thoughts?

Anthony

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have your charging system checked. It could be a flaky alternator. I have a volt meter in my truck and when I am having problems I know the alternator is on it's way out before it goes out altogether. I have also had the batteries so low the radio would go off when I stepped on the brake and the ABS light would come on due to a bad alternator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online