Lifts

caterpillar

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what people think about lifting there pickup? Me personally I think its dumb, if its more than 2" in the rear its stupid, I don't mean to step on anyones toes but its a diesel, can't haul much of anything with a 4" lift, I wanted to lift my truck at one time than i wrote out a list of pro's and cons, I know I'm just rambling here but I just want to know everyone elses opinions.

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm told that I would have to put at least a 3 in on my truck tto get a softer, more comfortable ride, its due to the negative arched front springs. Anybody have another idea, I do wish it rode a little softer.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
well lets see, factory 350s have 4" blocks in them.
My 92 250 I added springs front and rear, toe get abot 2.5" suspension, then put a 3" body lift on. seemed to work well.

my 96 has stock rear springs, but I added a leave in the front, It also has a 3" body lift.
only probvlem is lifing stuff in the bed.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid? Maybe. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My idea of stupid is efforts to level a truck or get that factory "nose down" look to go away. cookoo LOL Myself, most of my lifting efforts have been to make it easier for me to see the train tracks as I go over bridges, or possibly expose my wife's ***** as she climbs in. :D And no, I don't haul anything in my truck. That's why God created trailers. :hail

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, I just tossed a 2" hockey puck lift in mine.

Stacks, shiny rims, expensive paint, and dice the hang from the mirror are probably also stupid--but it sure is fun!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done moderate lifts on my trucks, plus had a 77 F-250 which sits very high from the factory.

But once you can't get in or out of the truck with ease, or use the bed then it's too far for me.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
lifts make the truck ****! I have 3" body lift on mine.... It's still usable to tow stuff if I need to, but then theres the stock dually for towing... so I plan on gettin' some more lift under there eventually! :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There. Spoken by one who would know. :hail

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I agree and disagree. I got a 6" list on mine and 37" tires but its too high for me. I'm lowering mine back down to 4" lift with 33" tires. Trying to get back some of my fuel milage.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want your 6" lift forcefed, i have a 85 f350 frame with a 92 f250 body 2" add a leafs and 3" body lift with 37"s and its still not tall enough, i love driving around in a lifted trk and with complete poly bushing in the suspension and ploy body bushing my trk rides better then my 96 f-150 2wd. if i had to doo all over again it lift my trk higher

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about lifts that are real tall, they have to be well engineered. In my opionion anything over 4" should be done without lift blocks, and some consideration should be given to lowering the driveline angles. A lift that makes a truck look boss, but actually is weakened by the lift is defeating the purpose of making it more capable of driving over obstacles. As many a person who has tried to pull with a block lifted truck, and had the U bolts break and get their bed ruined will attest.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to de-arch my front springs 2" and take out the rear 4" block and replace with 2" blocks. Sorry. no parts for sale. not yet!!:confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online