LIFT

schultediesel

Reaction score
what is the best way to lift the front end. i only want to go four inches. i'll use blocks in the rear. and i know blocks in the front are unsafe. the best i've seen with add a leafs is 2.5 to 3 inches depending on the condition of the current leafs. what is the best most economical way to do this? i don't have the grand to shell out for a whole kit.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you fabricate? The best way to lift a TTB front is to buy a kit. You can still do it on the cheap - Sky manufacturing makes 3 and 5 inch front only lifts for a decent price, but they don't supply the drop brackets for the TTB. 4wheelparts will sell the brackets to individuals. If you want to fab one, check out my "another big IDI week" thread - I'm building a 5" front lift, and trying to take pics in my time crunch.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Also, if you are going to run blocks on the rear, do yourself a favor and add some sort of track bar to help with the axlewrap.

SWS

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think Rough country or tough country sells a descent kit for about $600, i dont remember which one it was. i honestly dont think you can build a 4" for less than that. unless you are really good at fab work and already have the time and materials.
here ya go:
clickey

Last edited:

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 3" body lift/2" add-a-leafs and cut out fender flares. i run a 37 12x50r16 on my trk with no rubbing issues at all. well after i cut the edges off of my bumper.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3" body lift? ;Really What did you do about your engine to firewall interferance. You are talking about an IDI aren't you?

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a three inch body lift to an 83, 86, and 93 IDI - you just have to spend an hour or two underneath the thing with some pry tools and a bfh, and occasionaly an air hammer, and possibly a grinder :backoff The 83 was the last one, and I had almost an inch of clearence from firewall to head by the time I was done with it :D

Diesel Dave

Reaction score
Rough Country makes a decent kit. It's priced around $600 including shocks. shipping is extra of course but you can still get the complete kit for under $700 to your door. Check roughcountry.com

schultediesel

Reaction score
what about this???

what if i cut the leaf spring brackets and welded square stock in its place (and braced it of course) and ran the leaf springs into the square stock?

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well - which brackets are you talking about? If you only lower one side of the front leaf springs, nothing is going to work right - steering, suspension travel, tire wear, etc. Unless you do a SAS, you'd have to lower the position of the front and the rear of the leaf spring, and lower the pivot points of the TTB that are underneath the motor.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
I have an '04 ranger 4.0l v6, 5-speed, 4wd. i am interested in doing a lift on and since this is a thread on lift kits any suggestions where i should look for inexpensive options. roughcountry.com does not cover the ranger after '97

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what you do or use........if you lift the front suspension (springs, blocks, shackles, ......whatever) you will have the drop the pivot for the two TTB axle halves the same distance. Otherwise, your camber will be completely messed up.

Heath

tractorman86

Reaction score
yup, heath hit right on the head, that's why it is not cost effective or usually safe to build a lift.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Do a search on some different threads as to where to look for lifts. I am over on www.fulsizebronco.com and there are several threads there. The running gear is close to the same, its just got a few bigger parts.

As far as the lift for the ranger, look to James Duff enterprises as they do early bronco an ranger.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.