Lift pump?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm now a fan of those Facet pumps used for ****** units. Had a mechanical die, and until I installed the electric pump was not a fan of the idea. But this winter and all the work I have been doing in my outside "shop" has helped me see just how nice being electric can be compared to mechanical when changing filters and O-Rings and other work. A toggle switch makes for an easy install and easy priming.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reasurching the electric pumps and I was wondering how would I wire it up? Like get a little relay and have the FSS solinoid? But would it be bad of it ran all the time while the glow plugs were heating up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the tech articles. There's a good article on this.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked up the article and it has good information but he says using a "pn30131" pump wiring harnes? Where could infer one of these? And would I be able to just make one? Thanks

Reaction score
I looked up the article and it has good information but he says using a "pn30131" pump wiring harnes? Where could infer one of these? And would I be able to just make one? Thanks

'He' would be me. '30131' is the part number for the wiring kit I used from Painless Wiring. It can be purchased any number of places, including Jegs, Summit, or Amazon. No, you don't have to use it. Yes, you can absolutely do it yourself by piecing the relay and other necessary bits together, but I'm a big fan of 'easy', which this kit definitely is. It also includes the instructions for wiring it up. All you need to find is a 'key on' source, which I found by tapping the fuse from something that only runs when the key is on.

As for the pump PN, which I'm not sure what it is but I know it's been discussed in other threads now that we lost our 'hookup' for the Facet/Carrier/Duralift pump.

*edit* found the PN for the pump. Check out the first post here: http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?24142-Carrier-Pump-Group-Buy

Mike

Last edited: