Lift pump question.

HKT Firearms

Reaction score
Question for y'all that are more familiar with these fine straight 6s. I wired my new lift pump to a dash switch that's fused directly from the battery. Pump relocated to the frame rail with a separate fuel water separator between it and the tanks.
It's a fass dpr 02. The old one was not able to maintain adequate pressure. Now at WOT I don't go below 12psi.
Back to the question anybody see any problems with doing it this way, other than remembering to shut it off when the truck is shut off. Seems to be a good way to easily fix any priming issues and keep from anybody being able to run it for more than 5 seconds that is not supposed to be.

jbm6900

Reaction score
I did the same thing on my 5.9 freightliner. Tossed the inaccessable failure prone oe pump for the Fass pump, frame mounted closer to the fuel tank, & w/ a primary spin on f/f h2o separator, keeping the oe secondary canister filter.
Except I wired using the factory harness, I wouldn't want it running full time, computer does a good job shutting it off & on when needed. You can still use a hidden toggle to interrupt the power, or ground to address the unauthorized use issue.
Those Fass units flow some fuel now... Helps cool the ip & prevents it from starving. Good for longevity.

jbm6900

Reaction score
Lmao, I just realized the post is a year old.. :) The march 31 thru me, I thot it was just a month old lol. My bad..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726