Lift pump output olive or o-ring?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
You know, I'm starting to think it might be both coolant and fuel.

It seems, just seems... that anytime I ran the heater very long, it got more wet under there. That would explain drips from the vac pump too, not just the fuel pump. And why it smells like diesel sometimes and sometimes doesn't.

The starter is absolutely soaked, which I noticed when I was changing the shocks yesterday.

Leaky heater core I'd guess, since it's right there nearby. I don't have a working blower right now, but when driving and set to vent, I still get some heat/air which is why I even bother setting it to hot/cold.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the core is leaking, it's going to do it whether or not you have the heater controls set to hot. I would expect it to either drip out the same place as the AC condensation or on the carpet like most vehicles do.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
If the core is leaking, it's going to do it whether or not you have the heater controls set to hot. I would expect it to either drip out the same place as the AC condensation or on the carpet like most vehicles do.

There is a vacuum controlled valve on a heater hose to cut off coolant flow, if that makes a difference.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
My guess would be that this is leaking. Maybe I'm wrong but, you never know.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's not. It's super easy to examine, it's right in-line of the heater hose in a very each to reach area, right next to the alternator. I see no wetness there. When I replaced my hoses, I put it back in the same spot it was with the old hose.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you add a Ranger heater valve? That may reduce or even eliminate flow to the heater core. Mine seems to blow warmer than ambient air with the valve closed.

I'm 66/33 on their performance. First one on my Cherokee leaked out of the shaft but only when it wanted to. If I recall it was during warm up. Walk out and look under and no drip. Come back and there's a little puddle where you checked before going to the store. Second on there and first on my truck don't leak. Knock wood.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Did you add a Ranger heater valve? That may reduce or even eliminate flow to the heater core. Mine seems to blow warmer than ambient air with the valve closed.

Nope, it's stock. O'Reilly lists this unavailable Motorcraft one.

You must be registered for see images attach

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Ranger/Explorer has a double sided one that bypasses the heater core. With pressure in your cooling system, you'll have pressure in the heater core with the single inlet/outlet valve.