Lift kits

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension or body lift, the lowest point of the truck is still the bottom of the diffs, the only way that changes is tire size. A suspension lift isn't going to gain you ground clearance.
Yes, may gain on breakover, approach and departure angles, but, not a whole pile of alot. But, I'm the kind of guy that stuff 35's on a truck with no lift, and 44's on with only 8... LOL
On these IDI trucks, a body lift does serve a practical purpose of making room for turbos etc, and making maintenance in general a whole lot easier...
Same goes for my 460 truck, on the long wekeend I did the clutch in it, on the side of the trail, in just under 2 hours(had to yank the pressure plate and clean the mud of of it)

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Suspension or body lift, the lowest point of the truck is still the bottom of the diffs, the only way that changes is tire size. A suspension lift isn't going to gain you ground clearance.
Yes, may gain on breakover, approach and departure angles, but, not a whole pile of alot. But, I'm the kind of guy that stuff 35's on a truck with no lift, and 44's on with only 8... LOL
On these IDI trucks, a body lift does serve a practical purpose of making room for turbos etc, and making maintenance in general a whole lot easier...
Same goes for my 460 truck, on the long wekeend I did the clutch in it, on the side of the trail, in just under 2 hours(had to yank the pressure plate and clean the mud of of it)

35's with no lift? Sweet, I'm running 37's with no lift on my 89. :D Why do you need 8" to fit 44's? My yota is lifted less than 3" and sitting on 44's with leaf springs all around. :sly

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am street legal still, somehow... LOL I believe it's 8", it may be less, I haven't really measured it, I know a shackle flip in the rear has it a little tail high, and that really only got me 5", so it may be around the 4" suspension wise in the front. Any lower and I'd have a whole lot less fender... I They rub on articulation now as it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I don't rub go figure. There really isn't much there to rub anymore.. LOL

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
stupid laws. both arent legal here. lol

39.5x15. no lift.

only thing i aint legal here with is the tires sticking out.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know how tall the stock body bushings are? Mine are sagging and I am a little too cheap to buy new ones.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure those bushings are that thin? The cab of my truck sits a good 1/2" or more lower than the bed judging by the body lines, and it seems to me that the bushings didn't look like they were squashed that much. It seems like this is a good time to measure.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They might be thicker. I'd have to find one of my old ones and measure it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online