Let Me Introduce YOU to MY Little Friend

tknomaj

Reaction score
I picked this up from a seller on Fleabay could not help Myself .:sly His Name is Black Max . I have been buying upgraded parts to put in My truck. But with Max's help He will be the reciepent of these parts .;Sweet It will be torn down for inspection and have Gary perform his best on the heads . camshaft from Russ, and Moose pump and misters. And some other touches like balance then we will see If He can Live up to his Name.;Really I left My Shop at 3pm on Sat. and drove out to lancaster to pick it up . Arrived in lancaster about 5:30 pm . I normally wear shorts all the time I jumped out of truck and it was 35 degrees outside with the wind blowing It was cold. Loaded it up and made it back home at 11pm took the long way home better roads and safer at night. the last three pics were taken at a friends building no room in shop for a couple weeks. Hope It is ok the ride home was in a dodge with a cummins:eek:

Last edited:

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Cant tell from the pics, but if it doesnt have the ats upgrade housing on the turbo it might be a good idea since you plan on throwing the fuel at this engine, If you stud it you should be able to hold 15+ psi of boost easily

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's fresh Ford reman, kinda a shame to pull it apart.....

Last edited:

sootman73

Reaction score
gotta change that turbo if you're buildin it up the way it sounds you are. that turbo will not do what you want. its easier to do it now than when its in the truck. look on ebay for a T61 from garrett. exhaust A/R of a .81 which will give you decent spool up time but not choke you on the top end.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Those head bolts look small. Is it the 6.9 or are they the same size as the 7.3 (the head size)?

SWS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Small heads....:dunnocookoo What are you talking about.... All 6.9 and 7.3 heads are demensionally the same. Must be the angle of the pictures... That or the black makes it look smaller....:angel::eek::D

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
You are not too far from me... lemme know if you ever need some help with that. I should have my truck rolling quite soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online