Leather Scrap

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted awhile back about where to find a sheet of leather scrap for my truck's overhead shelf. About 18 inches by 72 inches.

I've found only "nice" remnants... costing over a hundred bucks a shot when looking online.

Nicer than I need.

I am looking for rough/tough, leather that doesn't need to be one color but should be fairly uniform in thickness. Just trying to avoid the nylon headliner look...

Anyone know where I can find something like this... or have anything lying around? Auto shops want to sell me something that's nice enough to be OEM replacement in a new vehicle... not what a horseman's 15 year old truck needs.

Thanks,
Mike

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mikes91
I posted awhile back about where to find a sheet of leather scrap for my truck's overhead shelf. About 18 inches by 72 inches.

I've found only "nice" remnants... costing over a hundred bucks a shot when looking online.

Nicer than I need.

I am looking for rough/tough, leather that doesn't need to be one color but should be fairly uniform in thickness. Just trying to avoid the nylon headliner look...

Anyone know where I can find something like this... or have anything lying around? Auto shops want to sell me something that's nice enough to be OEM replacement in a new vehicle... not what a horseman's 15 year old truck needs.

Thanks,

Mike

Try Tandy Leather Company they sell different grades of leather thats where I get my stuff for tooling all you would need is some sort of finish:)

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys... Sent a couple of e-mails... will see what some of these folks have available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent