Launching Techniques?

Dockboy

Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

I'm going to be hitting the track in the next week or so and wanted to find out what you think is the best launching technique:thanks:

After a little playing around, I was thinking something like this:

4wd(of coarse)
2nd gear(BTS Auto) then shifting to D. My tc locks at 27 mph.
~15 lbs. boost(I make 38 max.)
Last yellow light, then mash it:eek:

What do you think? :peelout

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, Greg has a few goodies on his truck. Hey Greg i am gonna up ya one. Nate's helping me out with Minne Me's, head studs, idm mod, Full DI fuel system and a suncoast TQ with a transgo kit. It should be movin!:D :Thumbs Up ;burnout :peelout

Dockboy

Reaction score
You mean you are still dealing with that Duramax traitor!!:fight: LOL!!!! Just Kidding Nate!!! You know I :love: ya!!!

Sounds great!!

Swany,

Yeah, I just have your basic big injectors, BB Turbo, stupid chip programming, exhaust, intake, BTS tranny and a few other things here and there!;)

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dockboy I'd like to help but I am a dragstrip ******! Hope to pop the cherry this summer:love: :fight:

DIESEL RACER

Certified Diesel Freak
Reaction score
I think you'll get the best results by launching at around 15-18psi. You can probably let your foot off the brake and mash it while the last yellow light is on with little to no chance of red lighting. Heck, I even know guys who will start to go on the 2nd yellow. (It takes these big trucks a little bit to get everything in motion)

Ken

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the off topic post., but HEY DOCKBOY I just got off of the phone with Nate and it appears that he may be banned from TDS. he can kinda log on and see that he has PM's just cant get to them!:mad: :fight: Allright back to the topic;)

Dockboy

Reaction score
Thanks Ken:thanks:

That's just about what I thought;) By the way, I will be giving you a call shortly about some stuff:D

Chris,

Has Nate been a bad boy!!:eek: He called me the other night about some wiring. Maybe the TDS doesn't like people in Seatle!:rolleyes: :shoot: :D LOL!!!

Dockboy

Reaction score
Brian,

I'm going to try and hit the Wed. night Test & Tunes at Cecil County Dragway on the 21st and 28th;) The track is only 10 min. from me.

I'm going to try to make it down to MIR on the 1st and just wanted to get some practice in:shoot: :D

If you are free stop on up;)

Last edited:

PSDs_and_5Liters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, Cecil Co. is a great track! I used to take one of my Mustangs up there for some Test & Tunes. I wish my truck were together, Id bring it up and make some passes too. Good luck with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726