Late IDI FSV questions.

outtowinpahc

Reaction score
I need some information about replacing the fuel selector valve on my 1994 IDI. I know the oem ford selector and direct fit aftermarkets are no longer available. I ordered one from rockauto STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS FV5. It was listed as direct replacement, but its not. My oem lines in the rear are nylon type without quick disconnect, and this valve is barb style. It came with a print for the electrical connector, which is the same physical connector but I don't know if the plug is electrically the same as oem on the new valve.

So has anyone else used this standard motor FSV? Are the tank feeds and returns barbed? Did you just use 3/8 fuel hose? did you drop the tanks completely or can you drop and lower a single side only? did you have to repin anything?

Last edited:

outtowinpahc

Reaction score
Fyi these are what autozone and advance sell as well. Shape ia different, bolt holes are the same, electric connector is the same, barb style vs whatever my factory one is

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The factory connections are quick disconnects.
You don't have to drop either tank to do the fsv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

outtowinpahc

Reaction score
Got it on the lift today to check it out..... FSM is queck disconnect but the replacement is not, even it were not due to the orientation of the lines on the valves I have to redo the lines from the tanks to the valves and from the valve to the hardline. I work at a performance car shop so I cam up with my plan today. I can access the top of the front tank, but not the rear. The rear isnt impossible, but it is also the tank that is not working for me. With that I dont know whats in it, how much is in it. So the plan is.... drop the rear tank, clean and inspect sender, clean tank out. Replace all of the lines under the truck and use inline partical filters from tanks to the valve inlets. I am going to all the feed lines in -6AN twist tite, with russel -6 inline filters. and return lines in 5/16 fuel line

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut ends off factory lines

Slip hose onto hard lines

Tighten hose clamps

Install hose onto FSV

Tighten clamps

Rewire electrical

Golden

outtowinpahc

Reaction score
I could but I rather replace the lines from FSV to tanks, rear tank is unknown to me, I have no idea the condition of the fuel and build up so its better to remove it and do it the right way. I just put a brand new pump and injectors in this truck, I dont wanna suck up 5 year old sludge and kill it

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isnt that what filters are for?

Can drop tank clean reinstall...no need run new lines really...if aint broken dont fix it is my theory

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, well i had a super clean truck that i wanted to sell for top dollar, i wanted everything stock!
and the fact i only paid 900 for it, and sold it for a cash value of 5500, it was warranted ;Sweet

on the trucks i have now, i just delete the front tank and run a rear 38 gal tank, no FSV!!!

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, well i had a super clean truck that i wanted to sell for top dollar, i wanted everything stock!
and the fact i only paid 900 for it, and sold it for a cash value of 5500, it was warranted ;Sweet

on the trucks i have now, i just delete the front tank and run a rear 38 gal tank, no FSV!!!

Understandable. And that 38 gallon Is a great idea. But I bought a brand new plastic front tank an was given a brand new rear tank with the factory skid plates. Maybe next time it rots out I'll go 38.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online