Kick the tires and light the fires

SKimballC

Reaction score
The one thing I don't like about my Dmax is the sound. It is getting better, with about 14K on it now, but it sounds more like a jet engine than a diesel. A new exhaust is on the horizon for that one.

Tom

Tom, I walked past a parked Dmax a few weeks ago and didn't notice that it was running until I was RIGHT next to it. I thought of you and observed a little moment of silence. Granted, it wasn't all that silent cuz my ears were still ringing from driving my straight piped truckLOL

Tonka, that's way too much extra room to work under the hood in that PS. LOL You're likely to fall in and get stuck. Careful now.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wasn't a cold start:
You must be registered for see images attach

That is a cold start... -38, not plugged in, block heater shorted out... Too bad I had the camera set on the wrong quality, and it cut off before the truck dissapeared in a cloud of smoke... LOL. The truck started on one cycle of the glows, credit the 0W40 and 2 new batts for that.

You must be registered for see images attach

After it'd been running for a half hour... still cooooold

I have a good cold(30 degrees, not plugged) start vid of my 6.9 here somewhere... It's on the other computer I guess.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but this happened to catch my eye...

When I'm driving 50mph on the highway, it sounds like I'm laying next to an 8V71 in a tugboat!!!
If you haven't already, you might want to get your timing checked.

When I first got my truck, the sound it made strongly resembled the 2-stroke Detroit knock. This was surprising, compared to the 6.9l E-350 I used to own that was nice and quiet. Turned out that the pump timing on the truck was a mile off, and the injectors needed to be replaced.

Just something to consider...

BTW, Adrian, I think you're pretty well torpedoed yourself LOL

RedTruck

Reaction score
Yep, Speeder I think she's got you licked

...I won't expound. LOL

You guys should throw your vids on a poll and see who wins. I bet Mellow Yellow could get a speeder wrenching on it for a weekend if the bet is made right.

Paul

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Whats she gonna do, come here and beat me up? Trucks still only got three wheels...

heh heh heh

Adrianspeeder

no but i am about 15mins away :backoff :D and my truck will start

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao , Told ya da BOOB relay works good :rotflmao

Thanks fer the offer Jred...but MY truck still has 3 wheels, but you underestimate a trucker...just so happens I'm going to grantville, PA fer some race horses....and then NH, but that's besides the point.... I'm thinkin' grantville's about.... 20 minutes from adrian.... who's laughin' now? :rotflmao :rotflmao :backoff

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... who's your NASCAR driver? Ah, Mark Martin, right... whos he driving for? thats right I think he left FORD... for TOYOTA, (Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto) :rotflmao Ok, so whos your backup driver?.... Dale Jarret... also.... driving for TOYOTA, (The One You Ought To Avoid) :rotflmao and your problem with Kasey is...?

oh and by the way... last i checked you live north of the mason dixon, and if you can throw a rock to yer neighbors house that ain't country!:flipa

Careful there with yer Toyota comments....The new Toyotas are more American made than most of the new Fords, Chevys, and Dodges....

If and when Toyota comes out with a Diesel in the new Tundra, it'll likely put Ford out of business....

Ryan

(what am I gonna say- I work for Toyota!)

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
oh and thanks Tom for that site, deffinately something I will be getting along with new batteries... and tonka, when I had my injectors out to do new lines and o-rings I didn't get a chance to have them tested but I had a bad feeling about one or two of them :confused: so that's why I jumped on thinking injectors.... thanks fer ya'll's help as always :hail

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
dont be trashing the toyota's! thats Sam's current ride at the moment!! till she gets the IDI fixed! 2wd Yota farm beater :D , i love my Toyota to death, but when i need to haul or pull something the IDI comes through. If toyota does come out with a diesel i surely want one!!! Hey has anyone seen the new 08 super dutys on ebay for sale in texas, good lord they are pricey!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fer the offer Jred...but MY truck still has 3 wheels, but you underestimate a trucker...just so happens I'm going to grantville, PA fer some race horses....and then NH, but that's besides the point.... I'm thinkin' grantville's about.... 20 minutes from adrian.... who's laughin' now? :rotflmao :rotflmao :backoff

:rotflmao JRED, you gota get over there and get a video of speeder getting his @$$ kicked by a girl posted :kick:

Hey has anyone seen the new 08 super dutys on ebay for sale in texas, good lord they are pricey!

Hav'nt priced them yet but I seen today the local dealer has an '08 F-450 CC dually 4x4 pickup sitting on the lot now.....Mama was driving the Yota and would'nt stop to let me -Drool

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
:rotflmao JRED, you gota get over there and get a video of speeder getting his @$$ kicked by a girl posted :kick:

Hav'nt priced them yet but I seen today the local dealer has an '08 F-450 CC dually 4x4 pickup sitting on the lot now.....Mama was driving the Yota and would'nt stop to let me -Drool

my pleasure bwahahahaha :rotflmao

took some video of my truck but i guess it dousent like AVI format :rolleyes: maybe next time

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys should throw your vids on a poll and see who wins.
Here's my contribution :D

(I know it isn't a "cold start", but still sounds cool...and sorry for the Dodge LOL also note that I didn't go into the water pit until after I knew it was shallow enough that water wouldn't get into my intake)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UoB-tW5B44

I don't think there's any language in this video (the friend who took it let an F-bomb slip in another video; I posted that one in the Refinery :D )...

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
I'm thinkin' grantville's about.... 20 minutes from adrian.... who's laughin' now? :rotflmao :rotflmao :backoff

You must be registered for see images

Talk about a backfirein' plan pokin' fun on the chick in the yellow truck...

Jred, come save me, because I'm afraid :eek: Think of all the times I helped ya out and such. buddy, comeon. please?

Adrianspeeder

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I know I would of had a hard time not driving into that water hole hard enough to get the camera man wet.:rotflmao :rotflmao :backoff