Kick the tires and light the fires

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Ya'll just say that #9 sucks and hear how loud she whines. A 6.0L turbo ain't got nothin on 'er... :yell:

Get one of them honda ridgelines. I hear all the yuppie girls like em :thumbsup:

Adrianspeeder

So.... who's your NASCAR driver? Ah, Mark Martin, right... whos he driving for? thats right I think he left FORD... for TOYOTA, (Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto) :rotflmao Ok, so whos your backup driver?.... Dale Jarret... also.... driving for TOYOTA, (The One You Ought To Avoid) :rotflmao and your problem with Kasey is...?

oh and by the way... last i checked you live north of the mason dixon, and if you can throw a rock to yer neighbors house that ain't country!:flipa

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
So.... who's your NASCAR driver? Ah, Mark Martin, right... whos he driving for? thats right I think he left FORD... for TOYOTA, (Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto) :rotflmao Ok, so whos your backup driver?.... Dale Jarret... also.... driving for TOYOTA, (The One You Ought To Avoid) :rotflmao and your problem with Kasey is...?

oh and by the way... last i checked you live north of the mason dixon, and if you can throw a rock to yer neighbors house that ain't country!:flipa

:eek:

Speedy yer on yer own there.;Really

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Just stirring the IDI pot a little. Love the way most any diesel sounds...Powerfull;Sweet

The Superduty is alot more fun to drive if da bones in yer feet, knees, hips, back, sternum & shoulders are all busted up like mine...I gave my '76 F100 MAN truck (manual brakes, manual steering and manual tranny on the column) back to the guy that gave it to me because I could't drive it anymore. The '90 was a step up & the 2000 is a dream to drive witout the bone jarring ride, interior noise and bolt action tranny of da '90

yeah as long as your aren't under the hood they are sweet. 8 way power seat. nice:love:

i can take a short vid on my Kodak easyshare camera. i just need to clear the memory card first. maybe this weekend. some cold weather in the forecast.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
So.... who's your NASCAR driver?

As for the naskar driver, I followed her home last ninht, it was a lot of work- and I drive fast :) She followed me home and yelled at me for driving up her road :rotflmao LOL :rotflmao :rotflmao

Rock? If you can come up with a device that I can hit his house with I'll buy it :shoot:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score

Damn Speedy! I think you're stirrin the wrong pot!cookoo Way to stick up for yourself Sam.;Sweet

As far as starting goes. After repalcing the starter on my daughter's truck two weeks ago (it has good GP's), I've started it several mornings where it's been 3-5 below zero here in NM. Not recommended, but I didn't know I needed a BH cord til I got the starter fixed. Cycled the GP's twice and it fired within a couple of revolutions. My wifes truck won't start with out being plugged in if it gets down below about 10 degrees. It's got good GP's, but doesn't have the good heavy battery cables and new starter.

I agree, there isn't anything that sounds as "truck-like" as an IDI. Especially on a cold morning. My wife's truck is NA and has basically a straight thru exhaust and it will wake the dead on a cold morning. I love it! The one thing I don't like about my Dmax is the sound. It is getting better, with about 14K on it now, but it sounds more like a jet engine than a diesel. A new exhaust is on the horizon for that one.

Tom

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh hem..... I am not high pitched n' whiny, THANKS :backoff oh, and yes, i'm Sam. :D

Hmm, so Tonka, I think i need a set of injectors, would help on them start ups, bad batteries and whatnot aren't helping either. If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears!

:hail Oops.....Sorry:D

Good batteries alone will make a big difference. Check glow plugs and controller before diving into injectors.

Speedster, you're digging a big hole:rotflmao

yeah as long as your aren't under the hood they are sweet.

Truth be told, I'm finding it easier to work on & diagnose the 2000 PSD than my IDI. Everything is 8, 10 and 13 mm, disconnect a few bolt, unhook the sensors and the wiring harness, AC and Alternator peel off to the side. Tons of room
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
:hail Oops.....Sorry:D

Good batteries alone will make a big difference. Check glow plugs and controller before diving into injectors.

Speedster, you're digging a big hole:rotflmao

Truth be told, I'm finding it easier to work on & diagnose the 2000 PSD than my IDI

Sam

To add to what tonkadoctor already advised, I highly recommend some battery cables from custombatterycables.com. Afterall it doesn't do much good to have good batteries and a good starter if you can't connect the two.

Get all these things squared away and you'll never have to plug in where you're at.

Tom

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well it was 2 years ago my wife drives the IDI to work and her dad drove his 02 PSD to work it got down in to the single digits one drove home and one came home on a roll back I'll let you figure it out but lets just say I had a nice relaxing night with no worries LOL

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats she gonna do, come here and beat me up? Trucks still only got three wheels...

heh heh heh

Adrianspeeder

Oh grasshopper, how you underestimate the power of the BOOB express relay system ........and you ain't THAT far away:D

I highly recommend some battery cables from custombatterycables.com. Afterall it doesn't do much good to have good batteries and a good starter if you can't connect the two.

Well said Tom, Gotta get some new ones for the Stuperdupie when I get her running in a couple weeks.;Sweet Mike......P.S. keep popping in and reminding me cause my clinically diagnosed CRS is a biach:confused:

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah Geoff, I see you finally got it running eh?!

Now you understand why I went to the trouble of putting an overdrive in mine....I go from Victoria to Courtenay almost every week during the winter to snowboard, and I'll be doing it most weekends in the summer(I'm building a house).

I'm now cruising at over 70mph(115k) at just over 2,000rpm!!

Glad to see you got it on the road...

Zigg :)

Thanks! I'm gonna have to meet up with you one of these days, have an IDI B.S. day. You'll have to tell me if the noises in my truck are "good noises" or "bad noises".

The previous owner used a piece of aluminum clothes drier flex ducting for the intake tube--which my fan made quick work of today, hahahaha. I'd be lying if I said that noise DIDN'T make me jump...

Haha, it certainly isn't like driving a Tempo. Anyone got a short-throw shifter for a T-19? LOL