Kick the tires and light the fires

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
Fergot to plug in the '02 this morn, but still started no fuss. Plus I just wanted to play with the neighbors video camera.

You must be registered for see images attach

Adrianspeeder

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
you n' yer silly powerstroke..... we all know an IDI sounds better....

startin' up cold 35/40 degrees out here...

lets see what everyone else thinks... :popcorn

Last edited:

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only clocked two days driving my IDI now. Total ****** owner here. Everything has been a new experience.

Haha, but to say it sounds better? When I'm driving 50mph on the highway, it sounds like I'm laying next to an 8V71 in a tugboat!!!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Fergot to plug in the '02 this morn, but still started no fuss. Plus I just wanted to play with the neighbors video camera.

Adrianspeeder

blah blah blah......who bothers plugging in ;p never had a problem starting yet. lets see how you do in a few days when the day time high is in the teens (not including the wind chill) ;Really me i have a nice trip planned for New Orlands be walking around in a t-shirt till next thursday.

ps she has you beat

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
IDI sounds better hands down;Sweet as of now my 6.9 will light even in single digit temps but my PSD must be plugged in below 30. nothing qiute like the IDI in the personality dept.:rolleyes: if i knew how to post a vid i'd show yall a beast waking from the dead. busted off exhaust adds to the drama:yell: :shoot: :D

PSD will never beat an IDI in a sound-off.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets see what everyone else thinks... :popcorn

IMHO the Powerstroke sounds alot smoother and better to me and I don't need a vid as I have one of each...for now.

Sam, your IDI shouldn't be starting that hard. My '90 started better than that this morning, below freezing with the snow flying, without being plugged in and my GPC just went -Showtits up yesterday....just something else to add to the to do list-cuss .

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
if i knew how to post a vid i'd show yall a beast waking from the dead. busted off exhaust adds to the drama:yell: :shoot: :D

PSD will never beat an IDI in a sound-off.

;Sweet

Gotta hear it Rob, ear plugs standing by.:Thumbs Up
After I figger out the vid posting thing too, I'll snag one of the Gold one this weekend. Gonna hit single digits to below........That'll be interesting.:popcorn

Speedy, I think you may have started sumthin here.;Really

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
PSD is smoother, yes. i guess the rough slobbering monster that is my 6.9 is what i like as far as sound goes. and if you think Sam's (is that your name? hi i'm Rob) truck starts hard you aint seen nuthin. lets see, crusty batt cables, half the GPs out, old batts, all make for a smokified chugfest after some effort on the GP and Start buttons. it's what's called "personality"

of course my PSD is smoother and more powerful and better in almost every way but what fun is that?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
of course my PSD is smoother and more powerful and better in almost every way but what fun is that?

Just stirring the IDI pot a little. Love the way most any diesel sounds...Powerfull;Sweet

The Superduty is alot more fun to drive if da bones in yer feet, knees, hips, back, sternum & shoulders are all busted up like mine...I gave my '76 F100 MAN truck (manual brakes, manual steering and manual tranny on the column) back to the guy that gave it to me because I could't drive it anymore. The '90 was a step up & the 2000 is a dream to drive witout the bone jarring ride, interior noise and bolt action tranny of da '90

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only clocked two days driving my IDI now. Total ****** owner here. Everything has been a new experience.

Haha, but to say it sounds better? When I'm driving 50mph on the highway, it sounds like I'm laying next to an 8V71 in a tugboat!!!

Ah Geoff, I see you finally got it running eh?!

Now you understand why I went to the trouble of putting an overdrive in mine....I go from Victoria to Courtenay almost every week during the winter to snowboard, and I'll be doing it most weekends in the summer(I'm building a house).

I'm now cruising at over 70mph(115k) at just over 2,000rpm!!

Glad to see you got it on the road...

Zigg :)

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. All around an IDI sounds like a real diesel. Powerstrokes are mainly like women, all high pitched and whiney LOL

There, fixed it fer ya.....Oh Oh.....gonna get in trouble fer dat one:idiot:

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
eh hem..... I am not high pitched n' whiny, THANKS :backoff oh, and yes, i'm Sam. :D

Hmm, so Tonka, I think i need a set of injectors, would help on them start ups, bad batteries and whatnot aren't helping either. If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears!

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
if i knew how to post a vid i'd show yall a beast waking from the dead.

So you can take a digital vid? Super easy to open a photobucket.com account, upload, and link to here.

True, it is fun startin' and hearin' the older trucks.

eh hem..... I am not high pitched n' whiny, THANKS

Ya'll just say that #9 sucks and hear how loud she whines. A 6.0L turbo ain't got nothin on 'er... :yell:

If you have any other suggestions I'm all ears!

Get one of them honda ridgelines. I hear all the yuppie girls like em :thumbsup:

Adrianspeeder

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7