Keep or buy a new one

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Due to my stupidity:

I may need to purchase a new or second hand passenger side cylinder head, since I laid it on the egde of my work trailer and while working on another part for my truck, it slid off striking a metal beam and breaking cylinder #2 exhaust valve in half.-cuss While pulling the oil seal for this same valve I found the the tip was broken off also at an angle. :puke:

I'm just need to confirm my suspicion, buckle down and start hunting for another passenger side head.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    490.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 13

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's possible to get a new guide machined and pressed in to replace the confounded issue.

Hope that helps, go see a good machine shop.

MrsFordGuy100

Reaction score
I would be inclined to just be on the lookout for a cheap craigslist engine, or set of heads.

No idea if it can be fixed, but deals are out there

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have heads if your interested ill check shipping 75 a head plus shipping? i dunno what to ask really but thought id throw it out there

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
dagreendenville:

Would you need to sell both heads or could I just purchase the passenger head only? When you check shipping check for zip code 39111.

Thanks....

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill sell just the passenger its dirty my motor ran with no over heating when i pulled it out just so ya know and ill check on shipping you have a way of throwing your head on a scale to give me the weight before i pull this one off? if you buy this head im gonna use the other for some research on precups!

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Ok give me a couple of minutes, my weight will be minus the rocker arms.... May I ask why you put the motor down.....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New guide installed is about 20 bucks.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
dagreendeville:

I hope that I caught you before taking that head off the engine, I just went by a machine shop here locally that was able to fix that valve guide.

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
Dagreendeville:

Hope that I caught u in time, just got the valve guide fixed at a local machine shop here. I will not be needing the cylinder head as we had discussed.... This was the only way I knew of contacting you.