Kansas City Auto Machine Shop?

Butcherman

Reaction score
I used to use Clarks on 24 Highway in Independence. I don't know if he does diesel, but he did great work on Pontiac and AMC stuff I used to play with.
As for Day's Automotive, I wouldn't use them to clean a block. They were totally worthless on some Toyota heads I took them. Didn't do something as simple as make sure the installed valve height was correct after the valve job, and I specifically requested this.
And if they are still in business, stay away from L+W Crankshaft in downtown KC. They were known as loose and wobbly.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I also forgot about Mann speed shop in Independence as well as BME. Either of them will do a great job. Remember though, you get what you pay for. There will be no negotating price with either of the two, but you will not be unhappy with the results. Both do race engines for the roundy round guys in this area. I have talked with both Bob Morton (BME) and Don (Don Mann) at length about some of the things that I wanted to do.

You do not want to skimp on this part of your build. Skimp on things like wheel bearing grease, brake pads, and air freshners.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online