Kansas City Auto Machine Shop?

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to rebuild my 7.3 and was wondering if anyone knows of a good machine shop in the Kansas City area to do the machine work? Thanks.

IHdiesel

Reaction score
There is a good one in Sedalia, Mo I took a Cummins head to. It might be a longer drive for ya but they are really good. K and C Precision Engine

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure about a good diesel machine shop but i have some friends that can fill me in. On a different note, IH why the hell havnt we met yet? lol

IHdiesel

Reaction score
Funnman, what do you drive? Ive got an 84 f250, baby blue and white. I live in Knob now, closer to base haha. You will prob have a good chance seeing me in the Oriellys parking lot, or follow the trail of diesel fuel....she's a leaker lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend Nolands downtown for your heads, That is all they do and they are very good at it. Days automotive in Independence used to be a real good shop, but that was along time ago. Don't really know anymore. You might call the diesel shop up in St. Joe that does all the hipo work on diesels. They may have a good idea.

Jeff

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow didn't realize there were so many members here in KC. Thanks for all the advice.

This is my first engine rebuild, so I still have a lot of research to do. I'm not planning anything too fancy. I'm a little worried that the block might have cavitation issues because no additives were used, but I guess the only way to know that for sure is have it checked out.

I intend to do the proper research, but if anyone has any tips on what to have the machine shop do I'd be happy to hear them.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Get the rotating mass (pistons, rods, crank, flywheel, balancer) balanced. It is worth every penny. These engines can run as smooth as silk.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
To machine the block, I would go to The Machine Shop in Liberty, MO. I know Kevin. He is a stand up guy. He can recomend a place to do the balancing (I don't think he does it there). I had my balance done at Heit (SP) Automotive in Grain Valley, otherwise know as VAMP Racing. Did mine on my 5.8 years ago and at 6K, you could put a cup of coffee on the intake and it would not spill it. Smooth from idle to the pill at 6k.

Dixons Chilli at 40 Hwy. and Blue Ridge Cutoff in Independence has good chilli. You will not be disapointed.

SWS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7