Just wanted to thank everyone again...

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all -
I just got back from the Jeep safari and the IDI made it! This was my first major haul with it - over the passes with my extremely heavy Rover on my kinda heavy old trailor. It was slow moving west on floyd hill and vail pass - I had to come down to 2nd gear, 25-30 mph to keep it from overheating towards the top on those two. On the way back, it did get too hot on vail pass - after about 15 minutes letting it cool off and adding the coolant it had dumped everywhere, got up to the top and home safe. I just wanted to thank everyone for there help since I've owned the truck - it was trashed when I bought it and I've been on here every time I've needed to do anything to it. Thanks again guys!

Attachments

• PICT0031.JPG
    PICT0031.JPG
    783.1 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0033.JPG
    PICT0033.JPG
    782.5 KB · Views: 16

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:thumbsup:
Good to hear. Yeah running in the thin air does take its toll but these ole trucks take the abuse.

BTW nice ride.;Sweet

SKimballC

Reaction score
Going over Vail Pass is beautiful but brutal. Last time I came over that it was a white-knuckle ride in the middle of a blizzard.
That's a real nice rig. I see you've got some DPS goodies and an open air filter, so you need a bigger exhaust system! 2.5" is not acceptable:backoff :D

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah - The dual exhaust was there when I bought it and I like the way it looks, so I haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet... I've been trying to swing my way into one of those ATS kits with the bigger turbo housing and the big downpipe, just haven't gotten to it yet. Its already faster than my 1997 psd was that I sold to a buddy who now has the edge chip and 4" exhaust with the downpipe - He pushes 15 lbs more boost than me and can't take the old IDI until we're going faster than any speed limit in the state... haha

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any yet... I'm so bad about taking pictures of anything, I might track one down in the next couple days if any of the camera people took any... I could show you pictures of the very heavy Rover and/or the kinda heavy trailer... but this is a Ford forum...

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright fine - I haven't even cleaned anything yet... but here you go.

Attachments

• PICT0069.JPG
    PICT0069.JPG
    779.6 KB · Views: 14
  • PICT0070.JPG
    PICT0070.JPG
    779.5 KB · Views: 6
  • PICT0067.JPG
    PICT0067.JPG
    790.9 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0071.JPG
    PICT0071.JPG
    769.7 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0072.JPG
    PICT0072.JPG
    792.2 KB · Views: 20

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They sure do... I put the little guys on the IDI for the pull and it turned out those swampers had the most tread to wheel the Rover over the weekend so thats where they went... I guess most Rovers don't have 3/4 ton chevy axles though...

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That don't mean ****. If you have cool pics to post,
then post them. :) We all wanna see them. :D :thumbsup:

Relax - I was being sarcastic. Don't get me wrong, I'll take any excuse to show that Range Rover.

It is a cool looking rig... now if I could just get it to stop braking stuff... That third link for the suspension you can see in those pictures isn't supposed to be visible... Whoops!