just installed the 10k.. few ??s

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
OK, i just did the 10k mod, but didnt really notice anything. i read a previous post that said to be sure the check engine light goes off, but mine never even comes on! anything else i can do to very that it worked? i didnt notice any smoke to speak of, but it does seem to idle a little differently. :***: also, is there any other mod similar to this one? i like the idea of almost free horsepower! ;Sweet

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
What year is your truck?

On some trucks, depending on the PCM code, the 10k mod has a very noticable effect and on others there's no effect at all.

When I had my '95 with PCM code TEE5 it was very noticable, I actually put it on a switch so I could turn it off and on.

There are a lot of mods for the 7.3 but realize nothing is free, it'll cost ya down the line some how some way.

John

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
yeah, guess i forgot the details.. cookoo its a 95 psd with a 5 speed. i just pulled the 10k, and "placed" it better and tried again. this time, there is a little smoke, but still no real power that i notice. the smoke tells me it IS getting more fuel, so i believe its working. yeah, i understand that nothing in life is free, but there are some things that come cheap! ;Really 'preciate the help.. will have some pics up soon!

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
The 10k mod basically fools the PCM to thinking there's not enough oil pressure and bumps it up a few psi.

On my '95 with auto tranny it was very noticable and the take off power was a little stronger but no real HP to speak of.

Fill in your signature with your truck info so you don't have to type it out all the time, saves time trust me LOL

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I did the 10k --with a switch-- on a lark just to see what I could see... :rolleyes: nutti'n really and I even soldered the wires so there was no pokey feely wires in the ICP and if ya get a CEL yaddy yadda ya.......

I did however see some improvement with the EOT mod...ran it thru a rotary pot with various resisters but it was a pain because I had to remember to switch it back to zero before starting......save yourself the headache and get some :smoke: tunes from either Jody Tipton or twildman ;Sweet

jody linky

can't seem to rememberwhere I put twildmans link {damn CRS}

It will save you the agg of doing those hit/miss mods and having to play with the IDM.

Both are tuner wizards and offer 10 times what you get from the over the counter generic chips. Both offer 4 position up to 16 position tuner programs.

I believe the MILE burn is what us bolt action guys get :D

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
thanxs geo ;Sweet yeah, all i really noticed was a little smoke. i will certainly get with one of these super DJs yall have when the time comes.(on a poor mans budget right now) anyone have a gues what a custom tune runs from jody or T? sounds like i'm pennypinchin i know, just have to pay as i go.. like the cell phone! -Lame

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shim the FPR. Bumping your fuel pressure in conjunction with the 10K mod is a good idea.

Welcome to OB!

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
FPR = fuel pressure regulator? how would i do that? i can follow directions, but not too savvy on these engines yet! :confused: thanks for the post and i'm glasd to be here! ya'll really seem to know your stuff! :hail

cnomad172

li'l tugger inc.
Reaction score
sweet! :cheers: thanks man, i owe ya a cold one! will try it tomorrow.. schedule permitting. correct me if i'm wrong(as i often am), but this all seem like what a programmer or custom tune does, right? now i know that a tune will yeild better results and be safer, more powerful, yadayada, but his is the basic idea right?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cnomad172 said:
this all seem like what a programmer or custom tune does, right?

Partially correct. Bumping the injection pressures is only one of the things a custom tune does. But it does do it.