Just got my 1st diesel

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 1st diesel it's a turbo 94 f250 mostly stock motor other than a cold air intake and 4" exhaust it's sittin on 35s with 1tons out of a 2001 350 and I was just wondering about some things I can do for performance mods to it on a low budjet sense I'm pretty young and have 2 drive it to school in a year and some ideas would be nice
:confused:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a ton of low budget things to add. You've got a turbo on it and a better exhaust/intake. A moose pump, moose injectors, "typ4" camshaft, intercooler, getting it timed with a meter will all help, but those things are super cheap either.

Heath

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks the intercoller interests me Ive read up on them a lil bit but how much of a power diffrence woe the be from stock and I heard you can adjust the waste gate to get more boost

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An intercooler helps a lot. The turbos available for these trucks heat the air quite a bit and an intercooler will help negate that. I could tell that the intercooler on mine make quite a difference. And like Heath said, you need more fuel if you want more power...

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the price of diesel $$$...go buy an old Corolla for school (40 mpg) and let the truck sit ;)

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A corolla? No lol I'd rather get 5mpg in American steel than a foreign car.. Lol but I'm thinking an intercoller and like some moose injectors or dps injectors.. What kinda power do y'all think it would make then?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
A corolla? No lol I'd rather get 5mpg in American steel than a foreign car.. Lol but I'm thinking an intercoller and like some moose injectors or dps injectors.. What kinda power do y'all think it would make then?

wait until you start putting fuel in it and your wallet magically empties out REALLY fast, especially when you aren't using the truck for what it was used for. i'm not going to lie, filling up every two days SUCKS big time.

Black dawg

Reaction score
biggest bang for the buck is boost gauge and pyro and crank up the fuel/boost.

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you do have a point.. But my school is like 5 minutes from my house so it's not a huge issue.. And the guy I got it from said he got around 20 mpg on the highway

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a boost and pyro gauge in it but how do I crank them up? I heard you have to shorten the rod on the waste gate? And how big of a diffrence doe it make

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you do have a point.. But my school is like 5 minutes from my house so it's not a huge issue.. And the guy I got it from said he got around 20 mpg on the highway
I wouldn't even think about turning the key on a 3/4 ton truck/diesel for a 5-minute daily drive > even a better reason to get a daily beater that gets a LOT more mpg...AND...burns the much CHEAPER regular grade GAS.
seriously...wait till you fill those fuel tanks a few times...OUCH! :eek: ;Really

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, i am not trying to tell you that it is the wrong vehicle, but that kind of drive is not exactly healthy either. the engine will not even get up to operating temp in ~5min. 20 on the e-way is pretty good. in the summer i get ~19mpg driving how i want. right now with this $hity winter fuel i am getting 15mpg.

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not to worried about the short drive.. I just wanna make the truck where it stands out from the crowd in my town