Just did the headlight relay mod..

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
surprisingly my headlights are fine. good spread, great white light (no yellow) I use philips nighhawk bulbs. Im going to do the relay mod regardless but I actually have no complaints with my bricks lights. good spread and penetration. Ill post some before and afters soon.

Regardnig relays filling with water, I cover the back of them with silicone and then put a bead around the sealing surface between relay and pigtail harness.

Reaction score
......I use philips nighhawk bulbs.

Nighthawk is a GE brand. Philips top-of-the-line would be Xtreme Vision

FWIW, I've been running the LMC kit for about a year with no issues. Granted, my climate is a lot drier than others, so maybe that helps. I also mounted the relays with the connector facing down, plus they're mounted pretty high up (near the passenger battery), so that should keep the moisture out.

While I would LOVE to have HIDs in my truck (a legit setup, not just HID ballasts in the stock housing), I've been satisfied with the light output from the stock lenses, this kit, and a good set of bulbs. My lenses are in great shape, so that helps. When I first installed the kit, I installed a new set of GE Nighthawks. The light output was great, but one bulb burned out just last week. Not happy with that since I went with these over the Sylvania Silverstars specifically because the Silverstars are notorious for short life. I just installed a set of Philips Xtreme Visions last week. Can't say I see a huge difference between the GEs and these (too lazy to do a side-by-side. sorry), but again, not disappointed with the light output overall.

Given all the products on the market to clear up yellowed/foggy lenses and the relative cheap cost of a set of new lenses, there really isn't a good reason to be running around with poor light output on a bricknose. Yeah, 9004s are not the best bulb out there, but with the right set of bulbs, the relay kit, and clear lenses, it's fine.

Mike

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got 90/100 what 9007 bulbs for my truck...real bulbs with real ratings not same as 100 watt but 100 watt bulbs..when done with relay mod and good lenses I see the light...LOL

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boltgun had you given the RJM harness a thought?
I'm asking because while it is supposed to be better I've tried to order/contact them
for two months, no response or harnesses.

Boltgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boltgun had you given the RJM harness a thought?
I'm asking because while it is supposed to be better I've tried to order/contact them
for two months, no response or harnesses.

I hadn't. I picked up the LMC harness while I was ordering some other parts. If I had plenty of free time I'd build my own, probably be a little cheaper than anything pre-made, and I'd never have to worry about it again. As it stands now I'm going to run the LMC kit and keep an eye out for a Crown Vic relay box.

Cracker

Reaction score
I put the RJM harness in last year and it was true plug and play, low beams look like the highs with the Silverstar Ultra bulbs. RJM's sites seems to be down, they may be out of business now.