Joining the Powerstroke world

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have had it home for a couple days. The truck did well on the trip home and I like the power always being there regardless of how fast I am going. I did the water pump before I took it home, also changed the thermostat, serpentine belt and flushed the coolant, replacing with the good heavy duty diesel coolant. I also replaced both batteries. 895cca batteries should do the trick!

This weekend (payday) comes oil change and the rest of the usual maintenance. My daughter insisted on being with me on the way home so that turned the trip into a mini Dad and Daughter trip.

More pics!

The new water pump!

You must be registered for see images attach

The engine that apparently legends are made of..

My co-pilot .. heh heh heh..

So as of now my black IDI is on a well earned vacation and it will soon be seeing some much needed work to get it to where it needs to be.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
What belt did you use?
Looks different.

Did you use elc coolant? Or the normal sca precharged stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Ah, I was thinking gator back, just never actually seen one.

What's the sticker on the air box?
Looks like the sticker for oiled air filters about not throwing it away.
I haven't seen any with a sticker about the restriction sensor.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the PSD world.
I love that Co-Pilot.
Really nice truck, you'll enjoy it.

You sure won't have any problems towing that small of a tag trailer.
I got my 99.5 in 08 with a 126K miles on it, now only have a 182K on it. Jumped in it, hooked up my then 30 ft 5er and made a 15,000 mile trip to Alaska and back, ya you guys where getting $7.00 a Gal. for Diesel then, $5.50 in Alaska, haven't done anything to it except brakes.

I like your house, got probably the same as you, 70 ft X 26 ft. set on a foundation, sure looks the same.

The 5er in the pic is a 33 ft American Star that I have now, weighs 11,500, no trouble pulling it.

Don't have a pic of the truck, computer crash, lost all my pics.

Attachments

• AmericanStar2-001.jpg
    AmericanStar2-001.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 200 Adams.jpg
    200 Adams.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the sticker on the air box?
Looks like the sticker for oiled air filters about not throwing it away.
I haven't seen any with a sticker about the restriction sensor.

The sticker is for a kn&n air filter. There was one in there but it was nasty looking. I put a normal filter in the truck for the trip home. I'll either clean then oil the knn&n or figure something else out.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the PSD world.
I love that Co-Pilot.
Really nice truck, you'll enjoy it.

You sure won't have any problems towing that small of a tag trailer.
I got my 99.5 in 08 with a 126K miles on it, now only have a 182K on it. Jumped in it, hooked up my then 30 ft 5er and made a 15,000 mile trip to Alaska and back, ya you guys where getting $7.00 a Gal. for Diesel then, $5.50 in Alaska, haven't done anything to it except brakes.

I like your house, got probably the same as you, 70 ft X 26 ft. set on a foundation, sure looks the same.

The 5er in the pic is a 33 ft American Star that I have now, weighs 11,500, no trouble pulling it.

Don't have a pic of the truck, computer crash, lost all my pics.

The house in the pic is actually of the person who I bought the truck off of. I'm in a 1945 farm house. Its tiny but it works.

I am real sure I am going to finally be able to enjoy towing this camping season.

I think once I have the usual maintenance caught up and the little cosmetic stuff handled, I won't have to worry much about fixing broken stuff.

Powerstrokin350

Reaction score
Sweet deal, definitely want to out those three mods on, my 2003 7.3 has a K&N cold air system and a hypermax programmer. I found the best setting for mileage was to actually set it for the most power but control your throttle foot. My dad and I drove my son from Sacramento to Abilene Texas and back for the jr world bull riding finals a few summers back. We kept it between 75-85mph the whole way and averaged 18.5mpg.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more pics..

Finally managed to take it to a car wash on account of I was too lazy to haul out our pressure washer.

Tailgate works again! New to me latch and the lock even works!