JD570 Grader

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Anybody have a source for info on IP replacement on a John Deere 570 Grader? It's a 1970 model if that matters. The factory manual isn't very good on this topic. In particular, it had the IP rebuilt and installed by a mechanic. Now, about 25 hrs later, it's leaking fuel into the crankcase. Said mechanic swears he installed the shaft seals correctly, but...for piece of minds sake.

Tom

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I'm posting this for someone else. Near as we can tell it's a JD 303.6ci normally aspirated. The IP is a Roosa(?). He said it looks like a Stanadyne (rotary), which he beleives later bought them out.

The actual problem is he had a a shop rebuild the IP and a different mechanic install the pump. Now it is leaking fuel into the crankcase. He picked up some new IP shaft seals today. I suggested he replace the seals himself this time to make sure they go in right, but he would like a technical reference for it and can't find one with his resources.

Tom

Captain Morgan

Pipeline Mechanic
Reaction score
You should check and see how the pump is driven. In some older Caterpillar applications the driven gear can become worn and cause the driven shaft to vibrate excessively. Also they should have replaced the bushings in the pump.
The parts for the stantadyne pump should be readily available if you are dealing with a reputable dealer or pump shop. Also remember NOT to force it into place!
You might also have a pump case failure to check into. Let me know if I can help. I know some different places you can ship the IP to for a reliable repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online