jayco 5th wheels

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so the wife and i went looking at a new camper today, jayco is the only dealer in the area so we stopped by. looking at a 31.5 foot fifth wheel that sleeps 10. 1 queen bed, 4 twin bunks, dinet that folds into a full, and a couch that doubles into a full also. 2 slide outs, and all the storage that i need for my crap. right around 25. anyone delt with jayco? hows there longevity hold out? just looking for opnions before we take the plunge. i'm open to all sugestions.
thanks
chris

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Jayco is a good camper for the money, but my .02 is don't buy NEW. You take such a depreciation hit. If you are patient, you can find a real nice used one for 5 to 10K and never really see the difference. You may not get exacty what you want but for the savings of 10 to 15K you can deal with it.

I see some go through the auctions once and a while and would be happy to keep an eye out for one for you.

We are currently looking for one and seling ours soon. We are looking for a smaller one, about 25' or so. We plan on spending about 3 to 4K and that is it.

You can have just as much fun in a $5K camper as you can in a $25K camper.

Good Luck!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
My 97 is holding together well. I got it used and saved about half the cost of a new one. DT is right, don't buy new unless you have too.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
i know, i know, don't buy new. i was just lookingLOL .as far as depreciation goes, i'm not terabily worried, i'll end up keeping if for a good 10 years at least. i liked the floor plan, sleeps 10, since there the only dealer in the area i was just seeing what was out there. i know what i wan't, just have to find it. unless the wife(god bless her) gets in a tizzy, i'll have a little time to look. there broshure says that the amish help build and design there campers. i didn't know that.
chris