I've Pulled an Argve... and a Thank You, fellas

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my time as an IDI driver has passed. I want to thank everyone here for all your help over the past few years while I had one of the best trucks on the road. I have enjoyed the heck out of my IDI, for the most part, and have CERTAINLY learned a thing or two about diesels and overall auto mechanics... but it is time to move on.

The move was less due to issues associated with the truck than to issues associated with my 2001 Chevy Impala. In addition to the transmission failure 2 months ago (40,000 miles), the Impala had some more issues that were finally diagnosed last week (catalytic converter is gone 41,000 miles and there are front end problems that'll cost a good bit to fix.) While the Cat is covered under warranty, I'm seeing a trend toward expensive repairs on the vehicle... and it is just time to cut my vehicle herd down to 2 vehicles and to get rid of the troublesome Impala and into a new Ram 3500 diesel with full warranty for the next few years.

No sense in having two one ton trucks in the family, plus my wife's truck.

SO... I elected to sell my '91 F-350 diesel. Squirreltow is the new owner, and I'm sure he will probably chime in sooner or later. I think he will be well served by that nice '91 F-350 he drove off with 5 minutes ago.

I'll be moving into an '06 Ram 3500 by about July or so. Not sure on attending the IDI rally since I won't have a diesel to bring by then, but have IDI in my blood and appreciate the friendliness and helpfulness of the IDI crowd here over the years. Will look forward to reading/replying to posts here from time to time, and will always smile when I see an IDI rolling down the road.

Ba-a-a-h-h-h-h.... Ba-a-a-h-h-h-h....

Thanks, y'all! for everything. I'll be around.

Mike

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Walking into the room shaking my head in disgust.......
LET HIM HAVE IT FREIGHT! :Sly

;Sweet

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry folks. My kids gotta go to college someday!

I may be driving an IDI again 10 years from now! :)

pafixitman

Reaction score
Squirreltow is a coworker of mine. The CC will be his second IDI. He also has a '92 ext. cab dually. He lives along Mel's commute route, so I doubt the IDIs will be going anywhere. Can't wait for Squirreltow to get her titled, we will have two trucks in the parking lot w/ the same color scheme. ;Sweet

I have not gotten a call, so I assume Chris is doing ok on the way home.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
FIZZZZZU.........You know....I don't think I will give you a swonking this time.......ZZZZUUUUU..........SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND.....
You must be registered for see images attach
Keep running,you will never get away.....

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could have atleast moved up to a PSD like i did.but NOOOOO you had to get a dog didnt you?they dog dealler twisted your arm and made you say uncle didnt he?
You must be registered for see images

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
ZZZZUUUUU..........SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND.....
You must be registered for see images attach
Keep running,you will only never get away.....
Need a wingman? :D

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
You son of a *****! I knew we couldn't trust you! :D LOL

Hope your new truck works out well...

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I'm still going to try to attend the IDI rally... if you'll let me. :)

Even if it is the wife's Chevrolet :puke: gasser :puke: :puke: I'm driving.

As I've said... you never know what time will bring. If I ever get into a real crunch, I'd find a well cared for IDI similar to what Squirreltow's driving home before looking anywhere else.

Mike

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
pulled an argve :backoff :draw :kick: you say that like it's a bad thing....

Why you %^&&$%$$ LOL LOL Welcome to the other side of the fence - trust me you'll be happy... Now what's the first mod? Lord knows we can't keep it stock...

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heheheh. Travis, as many problems as I've had with the Impala, I don't want to give Dodge any reason at all not to honor the warranty.

Stock power will be more than adequate for my needs. Remember, I'm coming from an IDI that most of the time did the job quite adequately.

Heheheh. Besides, with a six speed on the new Ram, I'm not going anywhere fast! I bet a stock IDI with an auto has faster 0-60!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I hope you purchased the extended Warrantee with that dodge,Your gonna need it.

Dodge-v. dodged, dodg·ing, dodg·es
v. tr.
To avoid (a blow, for example) by moving or shifting quickly aside.
To evade (an obligation, for example) by cunning, trickery, or deceit: kept dodging the reporter's questions.
To blunt or reduce the intensity of (a section of a photograph) by shading during the printing process.

v. intr.
To move aside or in a given direction by shifting or twisting suddenly: The child dodged through the crowd.
To practice trickery or cunning; prevaricate.

n.
The act of dodging.
An ingenious expedient intended to evade or trick.

Atleast they named it right.