It's Rob's fault

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Well... I been seduced by the Darkside(if you will). I bought a 97 CC SRW PSD 4X4 XLT. On Friday during the IDI camping trip in May, I got my 2wd IDI stuck in the field in the wet muddy grass. On Sat. Rob(69 oiler) was out shopping, he came back and told me of this truck I should see. We went and looked at it. On Sunday, me, Rob, and Nick(DoubleSdiesel) took it for a ride and checked it out from top to bottom. They both gave me a (if you don't buy it, I will look) So I gave the man a deposit. The following week I picked it up. So I can blame my friends for talking me into it. :Sly My IDI has been good to me, but with the rust getting a good hold, a back seat that is getting too small for the family,and having to get pulled out of the mud for the 4th time in its life, it was time for a new truck. I've always wanted a CC 4X4 and this one fits the bill.
Truck specs: 97 CC SRW 4X4 auto XLT 160,000 highway miles (the previous owner installed cell towers around the country) 3.55 gears LS in the rear, Stock exhaust, Hyper max programer, and a K&N air filter,drawtite brake controller. RUST FREE!!!!!
Future plans: 4 exh. gauges and a different programer.

So swonk away if you will. I'm a big boy, I can take it. Besides I have a red lightsaber to defend myself.
You must be registered for see images

Attachments

• 97 Crew Cab.jpg
    97 Crew Cab.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 22

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Lord Vader, we got another one!

;Sweet :D :thumbsup:

{sinister voice mode}
Begrüßen Sie den darkside

Now open yer wallet :eek: :Sly ;p

Sounds like a keeper :thumbsup:
Enjoy :cheers:

First two things that will be less than $100

ditch the stock air box , gut the cat and loose the muffler!

Then get sum gauges in there!

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
well its about time you come out of the closet. :rolleyes:
ever since I met ya I just knew you was a PSD guy but wouldnt admit it LOL LOL .
by the way what pulled ya outta the mud??? ;p

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I thought you were going to wait until the weekend of July 4th to break the news....

Looks good Gruss - you gonna bring it to the Midwestern Event or will you part with your IDI by then?

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Well lets see:
Nick pulled me and my 5er out of the mud with his 97 CC SRW PSD
Geo--Air box is on it's way out and a 4" exh. will be next. If someone learns how to make one fit.
track speeder--Boob sticker-- I'll need a new one
Trav.-- I just couldn't wait anymore. You should see it in IN. I just need to get the 5er hitch installed
Rob I still have some paperwork to deal with, but everything should be done with in a few weeks.

Right now I think my IDI would take it in a quater mile race, but that will change I'm sure.

BTW my dads PSD (see sig) is up for sale. He doesn't pull his 5er anymore and no longer needs it, so If any needs a nice dually give me a yell.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a sneaky suspicion that there was some unrest in the basement, I dont think the revolution is totally over yet with Rob still poking around for a clean PSD. Welcome to the electronic age Gruss, I really think youre going to like you new rig. It is a very nice looking truck from what I can see in the pic. There is a ton of untaped potential under the hood of a stock PSD. Feel free to ask, we're here to help.

F-250 or F-350? please tell me you got the Dana 60!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
It's a F-350 not sure if that means a Dana 60 or not, I don't know much about 4X4's and front diffs

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yes Russ you have the Dana 60 front axle which is a good thing. better than the IFS by far. though i may end up with another IFS POS. at least it's not a deal breaker for me.

lucky dog i'm still waiting for my finder's fee ;)

pafixitman

Reaction score
What is the world coming to? :eek: You are lucky Mel is actually having to work for his paycheck otherwise he would be all over ya!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GRuss said:
It's a F-350 not sure if that means a Dana 60 or not, I don't know much about 4X4's and front diffs
You got a good truck there. The D60 is the one EVERYBODY and their dog wants who own an F250.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
About a year ago I went from being a manual machinist(old style manual machines) to a CNC machinist(computer controlled). I guess computers are taking control over my world. It's amazing what my new CNC machine will do. I guess it's called progress ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GRuss said:
I guess it's called progress ;Sweet

You know what they say happens to those who try stand in the way of progress.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the darkside.

there are many 4" exhaust systems out there and they fit very well.just gotta beat the firewall up a little bit.but you wont even notice it.

nice lookin truck but youre missin a few things,2 tires and 2 fenders :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726