Is this Bondoable? (a must see)!!!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Notice all the screws through the back wall of the cab, it's a sheet of ply-wood I had to put there to hold the cab up, cause where the rubber cab mounts is, it rusted and went through and the cab fell 3" on the drivers side (this was back 5 years ago). Piece of 2" x 4" across the cab with a jack, jacked the cab back up to it's original place and sat the ply-wood directlly on the cab mounts so the cab can't fall down again :D

You must be registered for see images attach

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Yes it is bondoable just hit it with some brake kleen before hand to knock the oil and dirt off.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just take some of that u-joint grease, smear what you can, with what you can scrape off, on what you can, and call it a day. dump WMO on the rest, get some gas (he he I said gas) and throw a match while your best buddy drives her down the highway at 70mph. DO NOT NOT get this on video!!!!!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yepp sure is but if it was me id just add some angle iron with jb weld to hold it in lol

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Bondo is such a hard material to work with......use expanding foam with a skin of bodyfill over it! I discovered yesterday, that my cab corner on the driver side was made from expanding foam, shaved down and covered with bodyfill.....and then a layer of rubberized black undercoating.

Needless to say, it's getting a welded in patch whether it likes it or not!

4320diesel

Turbo 6.2L
Reaction score
haha plywood. the floor of the 1968 mercury rotted out some on the driverside. so what does dad do but take a piece of tin off of a bin, bend it some and screw it over the hole so your foot dont go through anymore. he didnt even pull up the rubber floormats lol.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen some pretty bad cancer, but I think you get the award for the most severe case everywhere. Dang... not an inch of that truck was spared. cookoo

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I'm proud of you. Now all you need to do is put a peice of exterior plywood on the outsite bolt thru it -cover it with tar and you,re good to go another 20 years. :D
I had a cheby 1/2 4x4 that neede floors in a hurry (snow plow truck) the dirvers feet where gettin wet.:rotflmao Plywood - sheetmetal screws-tar -1/2 hr = as good as new.:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Don't forget to use wolmanized lumber so ya don't have any issues with termites.:D

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Ummmm kinda late for the bed. I choped it up in 4 pieces with my jig saw, so I can haul it in my short bed F150 and it made me 17$. lol

Yes the box could have been fixed, but would of cost abit, I'd rather find another good box, besides, this one had been redone around the fenders back in 1999.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchellen2

Members online